Possible to stop blocked players from match making with me?

Share suggestions and feedback here.
rdawg420

Possible to stop blocked players from match making with me?

Is it possible to have players I blocked on steam or met in match making to stop linking up in match making with me? I've dealt with people who have team killed me and the entire team for a goof, extremely annoying people blasting music, disrespectful people, or simply people that I don't like for whatever reason like can't speak English so they can't communicate at all with the team, etc.
MRTINK

Re: Possible to stop blocked players from match making with me?

I don't think that there is at the moment but I agree that it is needed. ASAP!

A few patches ago a match making change was implemented to match with people in your region. Did this get rolled back? I am still getting matched with people from all over.
rdawg420

Yeah an issue that happened that made this even worse is a guy who has like over 1000 completions so he out ranks everyone but has been kicking a lot of OGs out the lobby for whatever reason he wants. Atleast 4 of my friends who are all second lieutenants blocked the guy cuz he bounced two of us and we never cause drama etc. So when me and my friends who are looking for a rando and he pops up we all have to leave the lobby because we can't kick the guy. None of us want to play with the guy now but that doesn't stop him from matchmaking with us. If we could simply stop him from matchmaking with us idk maybe like an option in the game for players you don't want to play with would be great instead of us all saying aw f this guy again then we all dip and HOPE he doesn't match with us again.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Thanks for the thread - this is good feedback for us.

This is on our community wishlist, and I'll bump the suggestion with these comments.
filed.teeth

Chiming in for wanting this. Have had it happen too.

I thought blocking them on Steam would stop matchmaking, but quickly learned Steam block is not game block.

Sorry I wasn't around to fill up that slot Rdawg.

And I know exactly who you're talking about.
rdawg420

filed.teeth wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:31 pm And I know exactly who you're talking about.
Yeah thanks teeth. Always enjoyed playing with you and yeah looks like all the OGs know about him as well and blocked him.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

rdawg420 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:06 pm Yeah thanks teeth. Always enjoyed playing with you and yeah looks like all the OGs know about him as well and blocked him.
Feel free to send me a PM on this player's username, and I can take a look at reports against his account on the backend.
quakeroatz

I was thinking about this and wondered if there could be a confidence vote feature.

Perhaps when a new higher rank player enters an existing wargame lobby, And bumps the current team lead. And this lobby has three or four players, The two or three lower ranked players can initiate a confidence vote.

If the new new team lead loses the confidence vote, they are bumped down and the 2nd highest rank player becomes leads. This way toxic teen leads can be demoted and kicked.

This would also require a no-kick period when any new team lead is assigned so that they wouldn't be able to kick others that would potentially vote against them.

From the backend, I'm sure a query of which players have lost confidence votes will quickly show you who the problem players are. Perhaps a confidence rating could be attached to a players profile, and if it's very high, this player won't be able to become team lead automatically when joining existing matches.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

quakeroatz wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:11 am I was thinking about this and wondered if there could be a confidence vote feature.

Perhaps when a new higher rank player enters an existing wargame lobby, And bumps the current team lead. And this lobby has three or four players, The two or three lower ranked players can initiate a confidence vote.

If the new new team lead loses the confidence vote, they are bumped down and the 2nd highest rank player becomes leads. This way toxic teen leads can be demoted and kicked.

This would also require a no-kick period when any new team lead is assigned so that they wouldn't be able to kick others that would potentially vote against them.

From the backend, I'm sure a query of which players have lost confidence votes will quickly show you who the problem players are. Perhaps a confidence rating could be attached to a players profile, and if it's very high, this player won't be able to become team lead automatically when joining existing matches.
This is an interesting idea for us. I've made a note and will pass this along for internal discussion. Thanks!
Kean_1

I'm just glad you folks are at least allowing private / friends-only sessions. That was one of the biggest flaws of Insurgency Sandstorm co-op. ....forced matchmaking.