Bring back the ability to cook a frag.

Share suggestions and feedback here.
MRTINK

Bring back the ability to cook a frag.

I don't understand why this was removed in the first place. With the AI now more prone to run to cover, the ability to cook a frag would be very useful.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Bring back the ability to cook a frag.

Thanks for voicing this for us, Tink.

We removed this for two reasons:
  1. Based on the stories that were shared with us, Marines rarely cooked frags.
  2. Accidental deaths were very common for players.
This may change in the future, but for now - we're collecting feedback on the change.
MRTINK

AmperCamper wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:15 am Thanks for voicing this for us, Tink.

We removed this for two reasons:
  1. Based on the stories that were shared with us, Marines rarely cooked frags.
  2. Accidental deaths were very common for players.
This may change in the future, but for now - we're collecting feedback on the change.
1. Rarely means that it did happen and was a factual event therefore should be included.
2. Accidents happen. We learn from them. I got to be a decent player by accidently getting my a$$ handed to me and learning not to do that again. This is no reason to not have a feature in a game. I mean, because its hard? really?

This is going the way of the easy button. Just because new players get dead isn't a reason to dumb down the game for the rest of us. I died a few times cooking a frag until someone explained what was happening. After learning the mechanic was broken, I figured out how to use it properly. With the way the bots react now, cooking a frag would be very useful. Fix the mechanics. Don't remove a feature of the game. One step forward...
filed.teeth

I vote for bringing cooking back.

Just like the stories, players rarely cook frags too.

But for those of who would like to....
krzy

AmperCamper wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:15 am
  • Accidental deaths were very common for players.
That's because there was nothing to indicate that the grenade was actually armed - character pulled the pin, but spoon (which from my understanding needs to be ejected to arm the fuse) was still in place.
rdawg420

I agree. Cooking frags helped a lot when trying to blow up vbieds and now when you throw a frag into a building the enemies just run out instead of them not having a chance to run out.
quakeroatz

Id like to see cooking back as well.
People dying from cooking grenades is expected and a calculated risk.

We find more people are dying from uncooked grenades because of the extremely long delay. Some players toss one in a building and then other players enter and die, We call it the Hot potato.