Feature Suggestions from A Huge Fan

Share suggestions and feedback here.
quakeroatz

Feature Suggestions from A Huge Fan

First of all, what an incredible game! After tens of thousands of hours in battlefield and other FPS, this game, when at it's best, is easily the best FPS Teamplay experience I've tried.
Your choices to NOT reward kills and highly reward and distribute points for team actions is a game changer. This is the future of real teamplay.

After a hundred hours of play, here is the wish list me a a group of other hardcore 6DF players came up with:
1) MID MISSION JOINS: You already have a feature where someone with a preexisting invite can spawn into an active mission (sometimes to the AAV and other times they just spawn), please make this a standard feature where either:
- You can invite other players to fill empty slots midgame
- You can allow friends to see your active game and click join.
We always need full squads and this will allow us to fill them

2) LARGER SQUADS - Please let us start missions with 4/6/8 players. We can split off into subsquads and coordinate. Yes we need to turn on FUBAR or HARD to get the difficulty raised , but this game would be incredible with just 2 more slots. We have a growing group of players and 4 is too small. My dream request would be 2 x 4 man squads.

3) TAKE OUR MONEY FOR MAPS - My group would easily shell out more $$ if you could provide more maps and missions. The current roadmap is OK, but too slow on the timing and quantity of map releases. I think your fan base would easily pay "Season Fees" of ~$15USD for access to more maps and content. Let us finance your development. This game is SICK, but the map selection can get tired.

4) SQUAD MATES CAN SHARE GEAR - Can we get a feature where we can give other squadmates clips or grenades? When one man is low, it would be epic to pass them a mag or a gren. A small request but would be really cool. This would also setup the code for a support role that can resupply other squadmates.

5) MAP EDITOR - This is a strech, but if you would allow modders to create maps using your generation engine, I'm certain some talented folks would come up with some incredible content that would drive the player base. Even if we could just click and add element to existing maps. How about 3 sniper spawns, 2 VBIEDs, double mortar buildings, increase insurgent spawns, in a point and click interface in wargame mode?

6) FUBAR MODE FOR JOLAN MAPS - Can we get FUBAR here? The manor and theme park would be super challenging on FUBAR.

That's all for now and thanks!!

I'll leave you with an off bug we saw last night where one player could see a FIFTH player on the squad list. The 5th player wasn't actually in the mission however.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Feature Suggestions from A Huge Fan

Thanks for taking the time to draft this up for us!

Confirming that we've already received suggestions from the community on join-in-progress, sharing ammunition between fireteam members, and FUBAR for the new missions. I'll add your comments to the community wishlist on these topics.

We plan to increase fireteam sizes, but this is planned for much later in our development.

As for new maps, we understand the call for more content and have seven fireteam missions available with Procedural Architecture introducing variety with every session. I want to remind everyone that we are a small team, and our roadmap is a reflection of our goals.

Finally, thanks for reporting that bug to us. Could you share the steps you guys took before the fifth player joined the fireteam?
quakeroatz

Re: Feature Suggestions from A Huge Fan

Great to hear all those goodies are on the list and perhaps on the way one day.

I can't recall the exact situation that gave us 5 players in the squad, but I know the 5th player (BOOG) actually dropped from an earlier match, perhaps a crash.
When another friend joined the game, BOOG was still listed in the squad, but they weren't actually spawning or playing in the games that followed.

I love the quality of life tweaks that are coming.
I just hope that if we aren't going to see new maps anytime soon, that we can get FUBAR on all maps and perhaps more challenging options.
If we could "configure FUBAR" to add multiple snipers, armories, we could get a really challenging mission that feels new and fresh.

Also the basements in the Manor are amazing. I wish we could have more basements on all the maps. It adds such an eeriness when you enter target building and you see those stairs that descend into the darkness. You don't want to go inside, but you know you have to.

Further in my wish list, WEAPONS CACHES! These irresistible little random goodies are such a fun part of every mission. We're still finding new places you've been hiding them. Keep hiding them everywhere! Make them less visible and unpredictably placed. They are like the best Easter eggs ever and trying to beat your previous cache record is super fun. It also creates a new reward to check every building beyond completing the primary and secondary objective.

Thanks again for the fun!