HUD scaling issues on non-16:9 aspect ratios

Share suggestions and feedback here.
krzy

HUD scaling issues on non-16:9 aspect ratios

I'm playing on a 5:4 aspect ratio monitor, and when using it's native resolution (1280x1024) a number of HUD/GUI elements ain't visible - displayed behind the physical borders of the screen. Those are left-side compass indicator, right-side vest/ammo count and the keybind menu.

Now, there is an option to switch to a lower resolution, but even on 16:10 aspect ratio (1280x800) compass and vest are clipping out of the screen a bit (although they are perfectly useable). The only resolution/aspect ratio that doesn't clip at all is 16:9 (1280x720), but on a screen like mine the image is rather small (enough that many other HUD elements, like vaulting/breaching key prompts are hard to read). It would be great if in future the HUD would scale/change position depending on screen aspect ratio.

Oh, BTW: after changing the resolution to lower, game won't allow me to go back to the native 1280x1024 - this option disappears completely (1280x960 being the biggest one), even though game had no problems (except that HUD) to run on that resolution. Can't say why would that be.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: HUD scaling issues on non-16:9 aspect ratios

There was a few widescreen resolutions we weren't supporting yet, but I'll add your feedback to the list.

As for the resolution bug, I'll forward this to the team. Thanks!
krzy

AmperCamper wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:43 am As for the resolution bug, I'll forward this to the team. Thanks!
In latest changelog I can see following fix:
Changelog wrote: Fixed an issue in which UI offset in certain resolutions
Indeed it seems that in-mission UI (compass, vest etc.) are now properly scaled for non-16:9 aspect ratios. Great, thank you! :D

However one menu - keyboard/mouse settings - still has elements displayed out of physical screen bounds. It's not as bad as before, but a bit of a bummer.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

krzy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:36 am However one menu - keyboard/mouse settings - still has elements displayed out of physical screen bounds. It's not as bad as before, but a bit of a bummer.
Making a note of this for our team.Thanks for the report and kind words on this!