Frustrated: Marking the map

Share suggestions and feedback here.
MRTINK

Frustrated: Marking the map

Can we get a better way to mark a building other than "C"? Most of the time when I am trying to mark a building, a wall, tree, or the air grabs the marker. By the time I actually mark the building that I am looking for, I'm dead. Can we get a map button that the leader can pull up to click on the area he wants to mark? This would also come in handy down the road If the leader is able to call in arty or illumination or anything like that.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Frustrated: Marking the map

Team Leads can already open the map and place a pin for the entire fireteam to see.

As for improving our marker system, I'll add this to the community wishlist. Thanks!
MRTINK

AmperCamper wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:53 am Team Leads can already open the map and place a pin for the entire fireteam to see.
How is this done? I have tried but can not figure it out.
filed.teeth

If you're the team lead, holding down l-alt does it. It's a bit slow to come up, and if you let off before it's fully visible, it disappears.

Then you mouse-click the building you want to mark. The map is static so you've got to have your direction known. (or figure it out from your icon, which shows your facing and location)

I hope that's what you're looking for, trying to help, not get in the way lol.
MRTINK

filed.teeth wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:46 pm If you're the team lead, holding down l-alt does it. It's a bit slow to come up, and if you let off before it's fully visible, it disappears.

Then you mouse-click the building you want to mark. The map is static so you've got to have your direction known. (or figure it out from your icon, which shows your facing and location)

I hope that's what you're looking for, trying to help, not get in the way lol.
Thanks for the input but I don't quite get what you are saying. Maybe I'm just thick headed here. When I bring up the map, I don't get a curser. If I move the mouse, I just see the world move in the background and my marker (arrow) move on the map. I don't see a way to mark the map.

EDIT: For some reason it is now working and I was able to mark the map. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys.
MRTINK

MRTINK wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:47 am
EDIT: For some reason it is now working and I was able to mark the map. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys.
Back to this. After getting this figured out and getting my computer working again I am back playing. I have noticed though that pinging the map can only be done with the Team Lead role. Once you get killed and are brought back as reinforcement, the ability to mark the map is gone. The problem with this is I usually play team lead because of my rank. Once i get killed and respawn, the other players still look to me to lead the team. Any player should be able to mark the map. Maybe a red mark for team lead and a yellow mark for all other members so you can tell who is doing what. You can give an option to change the colors in options for those with color blindness issues.

I also think that a bloom of some kind for additional options would come in very handy. For example, press L ALT to bring up the map, click the mouse on the map where you want to mark it for a waypoint or right click and hold for a bloom. While holding it a bloom opens with options: Look, Defend, Attack, Move etc. Move the mouse to highlight the area of the bloom with the command you wish to give. Release the mouse button. This will place a mark in game like it does now but with a word or letter inside of the target letting players know what the intent is. Insurgency: Sandstorm does a great job with this function.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

This is good feedback for us. Noted, and thank you!