better Ai, more action, more option and flash light

Share suggestions and feedback here.
mohjett

better Ai, more action, more option and flash light

Hy, I am a French 50 year old fan of your game. Finally a very immersive tactic game where no one runs like a rabbit. Keep it up guys!

I'll keep it shorter as i can;):

1) Very often I find that the insurgents do not react properly to my shots, even closely.
Indeed when I take fire, I have to feel and possibly heal myself.
They don't! A shot is still very painful...This is unrealistic and frustrating!
Could they at least be knocked out or deeply wounded if they're not dead?

2) Me and my friends regularly bypass the combat zone by the sides to quickly get to the objective.
We encounter low/no resistance. Would it be possible to make the sides of the map more hostiles pls?

3) Your game is realistic...ok, but can you keep in mind that's a game and i love have the choise.
In the campaign mod ok, we must assume the storyline parameters dificulty, that's right. But in other cases, with friends, we should be able to configure
our missions as we wish. Even if it means having a voting system; We're here to have fun, no?
Maybe you can give more bonuses to players who stick to the original line of the game to balance this.

5) Here is an idea: in the settings of the game, add a tab: favorites. In this tab, the player will choose which type of map and settings they prefer. Then,
during the match making an automatic voting system will select the majority parameters. If no one changes the values after a count of 10 s we can
start the mission.

6) Flashlight: can you implement 2 mods for the flashlight? the classic on/off by double press light key and a pulse mods for sealth progress when when I stealthily press it? It's more effective in the context of combat.
MRTINK

Re: better Ai, more action, more option and flash light

Just my 2 cents.

1. Agree
2. Agree.
3. I agree that options are nice, but I think it is too early in the game development to add something of this nature.
4. There is no 4
5. Not exactly sure what you mean here.
6. No opinion on this one.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave this feedback for us!
mohjett wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:55 am 1) Very often I find that the insurgents do not react properly to my shots, even closely.
Yes, there are various improvements we'd like to make to our AI as we continue development.
mohjett wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:55 am 2) Me and my friends regularly bypass the combat zone by the sides to quickly get to the objective.
We encounter low/no resistance. Would it be possible to make the sides of the map more hostiles pls?
I'll take this feedback to the team. Difficulty is a balancing act, and we can revisit this for players who are only pathing the outside borders of the AO.
mohjett wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:55 am 3) Your game is realistic...ok, but can you keep in mind that's a game and i love have the choise.
In the campaign mod ok, we must assume the storyline parameters dificulty, that's right. But in other cases, with friends, we should be able to configure
our missions as we wish. Even if it means having a voting system; We're here to have fun, no?
Maybe you can give more bonuses to players who stick to the original line of the game to balance this.

5) Here is an idea: in the settings of the game, add a tab: favorites. In this tab, the player will choose which type of map and settings they prefer. Then,
during the match making an automatic voting system will select the majority parameters. If no one changes the values after a count of 10 s we can
start the mission.
More control over mission parameters is a request we've noted from the community. I'll add your notes to the list!
mohjett wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:55 am 6) Flashlight: can you implement 2 mods for the flashlight? the classic on/off by double press light key and a pulse mods for sealth progress when when I stealthily press it? It's more effective in the context of combat.
We haven't heard this one before. I'm curious is anyone else has thoughts on this?
krzy

mohjett wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:55 am 6) Flashlight: can you implement 2 mods for the flashlight? the classic on/off by double press light key and a pulse mods for sealth progress when when I stealthily press it? It's more effective in the context of combat.
If by "pulse" you mean "momentary" (keep holding for on, release for off) mode, then yeah, it'd be a great feature. Of course if the actual 2004-vintage USMC weapon light allowed for such operation (I admit that I'm completely ignorant of weapon lights past and present).
mohjett

@krzy : yes "momentary" pressure. I use this in softair. I looked at a lot of USMC equipment picture in Fallujah and I think some lights are equiped with switch plate on the barrel handle. We can see a wire connected to the back of some tactical lamps. I couldn't find anything about this on soldiers' endowments in 2004. But we can see some anpeq boxes... then perhaps ;)
mohjett

@MRTINK: no 4 ... It must be at this moment that I took out the garbage :lol:
Ok, for the fifth, the idea is just to allow players with the same expectations to meet during matchmaking.
mohjett

@AmperCamper : very happy to participate in this great game !
rodrigoxm49

mohjett wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:55 am Hy, I am a French 50 year old fan of your game. Finally a very immersive tactic game where no one runs like a rabbit. Keep it up guys!

I'll keep it shorter as i can;):

1) Very often I find that the insurgents do not react properly to my shots, even closely.

2) Me and my friends regularly bypass the combat zone by the sides to quickly get to the objective.

3) Your game is realistic...ok, but can you keep in mind that's a game and i love have the choise.

start the mission.

6) Flashlight: can you implement 2 mods for the flashlight? the classic on/off by double press light key and a pulse mods for sealth progress when when I stealthily press it? It's more effective in the context of combat.
As it is a discussion forum, here goes my opinion.

1) Yeah, I think it could improve and devs already said it will. According to them, AI is not even close to what they want and what they can do. I think some hurt animation and they search cover to fix themselves would be amazing for some of the next updates.

2) Completely agree. Maybe some snipers or RPG on surroundings buildings outside the map would help. Specially on HQ mission. Armory mission I don't know if it's needed since insurgents keep going to track us down all the time.

3 and 5) Disagree, but I completely understand anyone who thinks otherwise. You're not wrong, it's not that. But I will try to explain why the game should keep in that way.

Watch Dark Souls. The community has always asked for new difficulty levels, for example. And that would ruin the experience proposed by the game. The same would happen here. The game is made to be tough, difficult, but extremely fair and rewarding. It's a concept. It's part of the core. Same for 6DIF. Any change on parameters would turn it into a completely another game and ruin its purpose since people could tweak what they want on based vote system or something. This game is not made for casuals. And the game is clearly well balanced. You can tell that the developers wasted hundreds and hundreds of hours to find the sweet spot. The game is loved because it's rewarding to finish a mission. Options to turn the game into a walk in the park experience would be bad for the game's concept. Just like Dark Souls. It's part of the experience, a closed package.

6) Don't know if I get what you say here, but I don't know what can be changed on flashlights to make it better. On/Off seems to be enough. Anyway, the game have no stealth mechanics and should keep in that way. Stealth is a fantasy, a fetiche from gamers. There's no such thing in real firefight when everyone is alerted (core of the game).
mohjett

@rodrigoxm49 : I understand what you are saying and I completely agree that we should not distort the spirit of the game. The difficulty must be kept. In fact, we just thought we could choose the missions we prefer as well as their context (night, day, ....). By creating a list that could be read randomly why not? :idea: