I hope game crashes is the priority

Share suggestions and feedback here.
filed.teeth

I hope game crashes is the priority

In one 2 hour session we had 9 logged crashes, twice as many crashes with no logging, 6 or 7 spontaneous reboots of the computer and two blue screens.

Then upon restart it often took two or three starts to actually get back in the game.

Love the game (almost unfair to call it a game, love the experience) and want to see it succeed.

As a caveat I 'll add that the day before on an almost 3 hour solo session I had 19 logged crashes and about the same ratio of others, so it's always possible it's me, lol. But from talking to others it seems to be pretty widespread, and it's been a variable amount of problem since release. I just figured it was bad server days sometimes.
Last edited by filed.teeth on Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MRTINK

Re: I hope game crashes is the priority

filed.teeth wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:07 am In one 2 hour session we had 9 logged crashes, twice as many crashes with no logging, 6 or 7 spontaneous reboots of the computer and two blue screens.
That is a crash every 3.5 minutes and you delt with it for 2 hours? Cmon man.
Crashes are a definite issue but if you are crashing like this, I gotta say its a you problem.
filed.teeth

In the 9 logged, there were 4 of us, and we kept rejoining each other. 1 from Netherlands, 2 from New Zealand and me in Hawaii. We managed to play only a handful of matches, cuz crash was quite often in middle of match, then a crash or two before the next successful match launch.

I did add it might be a me thing, You mention crashes are an issue, I brought these two up because they seem excessive, crashes have been there since launch, so as title states, I hope it's a priority to the devs and just want to highlight it since it's early access and most of what I'm seeing is suggestions for future, (and bitching about the flinch lol) not concentrating on what's going on in the here and now.
MRTINK

I am not arguing that it is a thing, and I agree that it needs to be a priority. After all, if you can't play the game, what good is it? I just have a hard time getting my head around people trying to play a game for hours with no success.
filed.teeth

Oh ya it was super frustrating, and why I made the post (after editing it down from a rant, lol)

Matter of fact, when it was time for me to go that night my statement was, "okay, next crash, I'm not coming back."

It was 30 seconds later.
MRTINK

filed.teeth wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:24 pm Oh ya it was super frustrating, and why I made the post (after editing it down from a rant, lol)

Matter of fact, when it was time for me to go that night my statement was, "okay, next crash, I'm not coming back."

It was 30 seconds later.
After editing down. LOL. Been there done that. LOL
I hope it gets better for you.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Hey guys,

Crashes are an ongoing priority for us, alongside optimizations (and of course, adding new content). Crash reports are critical in helping us diagnose the cause of your crashes. Please submit these with as much information as possible when you crash (host or client, what you were doing before crashing, etc).

You mentioned there were cases where you couldn't file a crash report?
filed.teeth

Ya, sometimes it just crashes to desktop, or reboots. Very occasionally it blue screens.

Anytime I do get the crash report applet, I always hit send and restart.

I should add, that some it does appear to be on my end. I turned off hosting and changed my mic, and am crashing much less now.

But I am still crashing...have faith in y'all though, keep up the good work.
filed.teeth

Re: I hope game crashes is the priority (added new details)

I'll add to this instead of starting a new thread, since it's crash related.

Many times the opening screens don't make the transition to the menu.
This never gets a crash report, it just hangs.

I have tried letting it run all the way through (the blown sand with the title) and mouse clicking after the Highwire games logo. (it won't let you click thru until the Victura label shows) There seems to be no difference between the two methods, I've had hangs both ways.

Easy to tell if it's hung, the mouse pointer will disappear if it's going to make the transition. If the pointer stays visible after about five seconds, it doesn't matter how long you wait, it won't make the switch to the menu.

P.S. Yes the mouse pointer returns when/if it gets to the menu...
rodrigoxm49

Just to add, Wargame update basically fixes my crashes. Before this update, I was experiencing a lot of crashes. Specially after the second to last update.

11400F + 3070TI here.