I hope game crashes is the priority

Share suggestions and feedback here.
filed.teeth

Re: I hope game crashes is the priority

Unfortunately that is not the case for me, I made the last post while I was checking out the Wargames update...Still having crashes, reboots and blue screens.

I'm still looking for things that might be on my end, unhooking/switching peripherals, changing settings etc., etc.
I even tried reseating the ram. I could go farther, reseat CPU, turn off the built-in motherboard overclock, re-clock the ram, mess with the Afterburner settings on the video card, but I'm not sure how far I want to go with it, since this is the only game I'm experiencing crashes in, and I run a Pimax, which replaced an Index for my VR games, and I'm running a couple other Early Access games, all with this setup and not having any trouble with any of them.

@AmperCamper, I notice when it crashes my clipboard has the error info from Windows in it, should I be pasting that in the top of the report, (I'll add an example later when I can get to the game again) or do you just want something like "Solo, Wargames, Northern Train Station, Untimed, Skip Cinematic. Crashed on first splash screen after hitting Retry Mission?"
AmperCamper
Community Manager

filed.teeth wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:42 pm @AmperCamper, I notice when it crashes my clipboard has the error info from Windows in it, should I be pasting that in the top of the report, (I'll add an example later when I can get to the game again) or do you just want something like "Solo, Wargames, Northern Train Station, Untimed, Skip Cinematic. Crashed on first splash screen after hitting Retry Mission?"
The latter works for us, if you can submit a report.

I'm interested in your system specs, if you don't mind sharing. Do you meet the minimum system requirements?
filed.teeth

Win 11 22H2
i9-13900KF
RAM 32.0 GB
RTX 3080 Ti

Definitely got the specs, but I think it was hardware. I realized the only piece I hadn't switched out was my ancient N52Te (pic at bottom, hope it's supported some day, hate playing shooters with a full size keyboard.)

I use it for a few other games, but early indications are it's what's been causing the problem with this one.

I wasn't as complete at troubleshooting as I thought...Kept changing the audio equipment out, didn't think about the keypad. Even played with a controller one day, but the N52 was still plugged in even if I wasn't using it.

Just finished a long session in Wargames with a buddy after disconnecting the N52 , no crashes. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
n52te.jpg
n52te.jpg (73.66 KiB) Viewed 5268 times
filed.teeth

Gotta walk that one back. Not 20 minutes after I posted above, machine blue screened to death and I've spent the last day rebuilding.

Once again, wanna think it's me, but this is the only game I've had a conflict with, so even it is me, there's something that doesn't agree with the game code and I'm not far enough out of the mainstream to think that's right.

After the two hour session with my bud, I posted, went back to do a little more solo, and crashed three times. Once without a report screen, once with and then the blue screen that the machine wouldn't come out of.

Only thing I've noticed after the fact is that it's almost always on the splash screen where the Lt says "I know we just lost someone we love but...."

Might be Steam doing updates to other games (or something with Steam, it quite often disappears and reappears after a crash, not sure which is cause and which is effect...)

Anyway, sorry to keep coming back to it, I'll stop now. Once I get War Thunder and Elite Dangerous back up and reconfigured I'll give it another try. Maybe second time's a charm, lol.
MRTINK

filed.teeth wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:51 am Dude, don't apologize. A lot of people have had or are having issues. I myself had issues that turned out to be on my end. The devs and community need to have all of this data listed so we can more quickly help others in the future find their solution. Let us know if you get it sorted or if you don't.
Exactly this. We appreciate you guys taking the time to share the issues you're running into, especially with as much detail as possible.

@filed, we'll take a look at some of these crashes on our end. Could you also verify you don't have any Windows updates? Some have shared this fixed their issues in this thread, too.
filed.teeth

Not clear on the question about Windows updates.

Have completely re-installed Win 11, so will basically be starting from scratch.

As stated above, once I get my minimums set up (Pimax, War Thunder, Elite (and both KSP's)) I'll put SDIF back in and let you know.

That way I can try and be as clean as possible, either way win or lose, it will help with troubleshooting.

I hope it was some software or setting that I had that was out of whack, since I was still on a from Win 7 thru Win 11 upgrade and have changed out a ton of hardware. (New motherboard in feb 22, so pretty sure I had to re-install OS then, but the old M2 went to it, so can't remember if it booted and I went from there or had to start from zero.)

I'll be back...
filed.teeth

Okay, took a run at it tonight.

I took SysInfo, DxDiag, CPU-Z system reports, and Perfmon reports before starting.

Normally run my RAM at 6800 (it's rating and why I bought it...) via XMP, but also tried turning XMP off and running it at 4800.

Zips are separated for the two clock speeds. (mostly for file size)

The notes.and.logs text file is just a running journal of what was going on, settings, changes, crashes, whether or not I got a crash report, yada yada.

More stable at 4800, of course hoping eventually I won't have to detune to get better results, but hey, that's what Early Access is all about, right?

Most crashes are occurring at Retry Mission.

Still playing Solo for now, don't want to burden guys I haven't known for years, but a couple of my War Thunder squadron buddies have it, if we get together I'll try Fireteam again.

Total session was around 3hr 35min.
Attachments
SDIF.notes.and.logs.zip
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
RAM68.zip
(209.39 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
RAM.48.zip
(199.46 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
MRTINK

filed.teeth wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:00 am Okay, took a run at it tonight.

I took SysInfo, DxDiag, CPU-Z system reports, and Perfmon reports before starting.

Normally run my RAM at 6800 (it's rating and why I bought it...) via XMP, but also tried turning XMP off and running it at 4800.

Zips are separated for the two clock speeds. (mostly for file size)

The notes.and.logs text file is just a running journal of what was going on, settings, changes, crashes, whether or not I got a crash report, yada yada.

More stable at 4800, of course hoping eventually I won't have to detune to get better results, but hey, that's what Early Access is all about, right?

Most crashes are occurring at Retry Mission.

Still playing Solo for now, don't want to burden guys I haven't known for years, but a couple of my War Thunder squadron buddies have it, if we get together I'll try Fireteam again.

Total session was around 3hr 35min.
I am not a computer guy. I also speak every known language to man except French. Most (all) of what you just said, is French to me. Kidding aside, I actually enjoy helping others test stuff out. Wouldn't be a waste of my time at all. If you need someone to hook up with and test stuff out, hit me up. I am free most evenings. USA eastern time.
desertjedi

Wow, I feel for you man! I think I've had one crash since I started playing the game on the day it came out.
filed.teeth

Have tried setting Windows desktop size to match Auto Detect (setting in previous post) and it has helped.

Latest observations.: Ram at 6800 I will get one clean mission. Will crash on splash screen after Retry Mission. If I do Return to Lobby, it will crash on 1st splash screen after Start Mission.

Ram at 4800 gets anywhere from two to 10 Retry Mission success before crash, so I'll consider that a win and run it like that. Won't post here again unless something drastic changes. I'll try 6800, then switch to 4800 if it bombs and watch the game develop without my constant Wah Wahs.

LoginId:655af8034a66e7b13762f88ce8ca2e50
EpicAccountId:

Above is my ID for crash reports. Hoped I've been helping and not just whining, lol.