AI locations and defences

Share suggestions and feedback here.
NortheastNutria

AI locations and defences

Does anyone else notice that most enemies are on the ground level of the building that is being cleared? I hardly ever find enemies waiting up or on the stairs, or on the rooftops. Maybe more variety of AI locations?
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: AI locations and defences

Are you noticing this on a specific mission, or was this more general?
PeterAvastrat

NortheastNutria wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:21 am Does anyone else notice that most enemies are on the ground level of the building that is being cleared? I hardly ever find enemies waiting up or on the stairs, or on the rooftops. Maybe more variety of AI locations?
Not had this problem personally, it's the upstairs or rooftop folks that often nab me.
SweetJP

I have noticed this as well, especially in the 'capture the HQ' missions where there is typically a 3 story building.
  • Lots of enemies on the first floor
    Maybe one or two on the second, but a lot of times 0
    0 enemies on the roof guarding the flag
2 story buildings seem fine, but they are also smaller so it is almost expected that there would not be more than 1 or 2 enemies on the second floor so that could be biased.

I never see enemies on the roof unless there are mortars stationed up there, and the AI seems to get stuck on the mortars so they are typically easy to kill.

Also, a big problem with the sniper is he has a tendency to leave higher positions with a good view of the area. Instead, he runs straight at the players. For instance, I started a mission with a friend, and right at the beginning, an enemy ran straight at us. I dropped him and my character says, "Sniper down." Maybe this is intended behavior, but I don't think the sniper should be running straight at us at the beginning of the mission.