A few suggestions on gameplay and lobby UI

Share suggestions and feedback here.
CuaC

A few suggestions on gameplay and lobby UI

Hi. First of all I've been loving the game on multiplayer for the past couple of days. Very interesting proposal that I hope will get into an amazing game in the upcoming months.

I've compiled a few suggestions after the few hours I played, I hope this feedback is useful:
  • Gameplay
    • Player Positioning: It would be good to be able to lay down on the ground
    • Weapons: It would be great to be able to place your weapon over walls or other objects to have a slighly better aim
    • Selecting mission: It would be interesting to be able to select the mission that you want to play, or at least to select an option to change the mission.
  • UI
    • When playing with others it should be possible to keep one person as the host/leader: After a game playing in a 4 people team, one of us left and the other 3 wanted to play together. We used the search and another player was found, but this person became the host and we couldn't kick him or start the game. In the end we had to leave the room and invite each other.
    • Weapon loadout and class display: It would be good to see the loadout per class beforehand. Also the classes are not clearly displayed. This would help selecting team roles.
    • Steam integration or friends management: It should be possible to directly add to steam or if not possible to another in-game friends list the people you have played with. I had an amazing game with some random players and even though we wanted to friend each other there wasn't a direct way to do it,
    • Debrief screen: I would integrate the debrief into the lobby, and make it available not only for completed missions but also for failed ones.

Hope this is useful. Also a question: Is there an app or somewhere we can contribute with translations? I picked up a few that were incorrect or missing in Spanish.

Thanks!
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: A few suggestions on gameplay and lobby UI

Thanks for joining the forums and offering all this feedback! I'll address as much as I can:
CuaC wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:07 pm
  • Player Positioning: It would be good to be able to lay down on the ground
  • Weapons: It would be great to be able to place your weapon over walls or other objects to have a slighly better aim
  • Selecting mission: It would be interesting to be able to select the mission that you want to play, or at least to select an option to change the mission.
While we don't have any plans for prone, the other points are already on our community wishlist.
  • When playing with others it should be possible to keep one person as the host/leader: After a game playing in a 4 people team, one of us left and the other 3 wanted to play together. We used the search and another player was found, but this person became the host and we couldn't kick him or start the game. In the end we had to leave the room and invite each other.
Yes, there are limitations with our current peer-to-peer system. We appreciate you guys working around what we currently have while we evaluate player counts and make improvements.
  • Weapon loadout and class display: It would be good to see the loadout per class beforehand. Also the classes are not clearly displayed. This would help selecting team roles.
  • Steam integration or friends management: It should be possible to directly add to steam or if not possible to another in-game friends list the people you have played with. I had an amazing game with some random players and even though we wanted to friend each other there wasn't a direct way to do it,
  • Debrief screen: I would integrate the debrief into the lobby, and make it available not only for completed missions but also for failed ones.
Role and loadout display is good feedback. I've also added after-action-reports for failed missions into the community wishlist. As for Steam friends, we're still making social improvements across the board, and this is good feedback.