Hand gestures

Share suggestions and feedback here.
NortheastNutria

Hand gestures

I've looked around a little bit for info on this... Can enemy AI hear us talking in game? If so, A. that's awesome and B. I think a nonverbal hand gesture wheel would be useful for communicating at distance or close up for "less noisy" Fallujah-ing.

Just a thought, apologies if this has been discussed already.
Necramonium

Re: Hand gestures

Thought for sure they can hear us, but i wonder what this applies to, is it the character voices they hear, our footsteps, or microphone.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Necramonium wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:50 pm Thought for sure they can hear us, but i wonder what this applies to, is it the character voices they hear, our footsteps, or microphone.
Pretty much everything but VOIP at the moment. They'll also react to flashlights.

We do have the "Go Command" gesture, but there could be opportunities to expand on this. Thanks!
KageOni

I don't know how much I would love voip giving away my position, but it would be amusing sneaking around whispering to maintain stealth.

It would not be amusing for then to have one of my squad mates dog bark giving us all away.
PeterAvastrat

AmperCamper wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:00 am
Necramonium wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:50 pm Thought for sure they can hear us, but i wonder what this applies to, is it the character voices they hear, our footsteps, or microphone.
Pretty much everything but VOIP at the moment. They'll also react to flashlights.

We do have the "Go Command" gesture, but there could be opportunities to expand on this. Thanks!
For some reason I thought they could hear us however... that aided intensity and every time I said it to Squad mates in random matches they seemed to think it was cool. So, I think that feature could be really great!
NortheastNutria

PeterAvastrat wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:43 am
AmperCamper wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:00 am

For some reason I thought they could hear us however... that aided intensity and every time I said it to Squad mates in random matches they seemed to think it was cool. So, I think that feature could be really great!
I think it would add a new immersion component to this game. By far my favorite part of this game is the audio, especially the VOIP. Having to worry about enemy AI shooting through walls/doors/floors after hearing you talk would add a whole new level of terror and intensity. I didn't initially agree with push to talk when it was suggested but perhaps it will allow something like this to be implemented, not having to worry about teammates dogs barking...
PeterAvastrat

That's a really good point... it could have made the permanent mic a really good fixture