What is the deal with this gotdamn timer :?:

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Thomas_the_virus

What is the deal with this gotdamn timer :?:

Can we get the option to adjust the timer or turn it off entirely? Why do we have to speed run the fuck out of every level? :x :?: we are a bunch of norwegian vets about 40+ thats been playin this and we cant play it anymore cause we always get our missions cut off cause of some timer runs out while we are doing our searches and house clearing, clearing a house properly without just running into rooms takes a few minutes.. great game, very dissapointing with this timer :roll:
rodrigoxm49

Re: What is the deal with this gotdamn timer :?:

Thomas_the_virus wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:23 pm Can we get the option to adjust the timer or turn it off entirely? Why do we have to speed run the fuck out of every level? :x :?: we are a bunch of norwegian vets about 40+ thats been playin this and we cant play it anymore cause we always get our missions cut off cause of some timer runs out while we are doing our searches and house clearing, clearing a house properly without just running into rooms takes a few minutes.. great game, very dissapointing with this timer :roll:
Time is definitely too short for 4 players. Even worst when we're 3 or 2. To complete missions in time, basic engagement techniques need to completely ignored. I think vote system would fix this and avoid events not desired by developers.
MILLER_gear

Choosing if game has time limit, player respawn limit, friendly AI and infinite enemies can be a cool feature in the future.

But, in order to obtain all achievements or pass the main campaign, I understand we will play with the "house rules".
Thomas_the_virus

rodrigoxm49 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:45 pm
Thomas_the_virus wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:23 pm Can we get the option to adjust the timer or turn it off entirely? Why do we have to speed run the fuck out of every level? :x :?: we are a bunch of norwegian vets about 40+ thats been playin this and we cant play it anymore cause we always get our missions cut off cause of some timer runs out while we are doing our searches and house clearing, clearing a house properly without just running into rooms takes a few minutes.. great game, very dissapointing with this timer :roll:
Time is definitely too short for 4 players. Even worst when we're 3 or 2. To complete missions in time, basic engagement techniques need to completely ignored. I think vote system would fix this and avoid events not desired by developers.

yeah for real man,its def a struggle, and it has kept alot of the guys away cause they just uninstalled it and dissapeared again into normal life =P as they came out of hibernation just to play with the guys again.. we are too old to be fucking around with a call of duty type of timer thing XD there is such potential with this here game =)
AmperCamper
Community Manager

We've received quite a bit of feedback on the mission timers, and we've even adjusted them once so far based on community comments.

We understand players want to freely navigate the maps at their own pace, but there is a sense of urgency that we want to place on players. This pressure keeps you guys moving (otherwise you'll be out of respawns watching someone you don't know camp a house until you quit).

We'll keep monitoring timers going forward.
Thomas_the_virus

AmperCamper wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:42 am We've received quite a bit of feedback on the mission timers, and we've even adjusted them once so far based on community comments.

We understand players want to freely navigate the maps at their own pace, but there is a sense of urgency that we want to place on players. This pressure keeps you guys moving (otherwise you'll be out of respawns watching someone you don't know camp a house until you quit).

yes i understand that you guys are trying to do so the kids wont sit and camp around the maps etc, but we are seasoned guys that have several intops/opsec missions on our achievment list, and we know what we are doing :lol: and there are no randoms with us and we play only with eachother cause some dont speak english etc

as we are moving forward to some objective it is stupid to just move past a house cause the timer would run out if we clear all these houses before moving out :?

it has been several times we have been cut off on the apartment complex mission cause we had to clear houses up to that point and then clearing all the floors with real engagement techniques just goes out the window and the game kinda wants one to rush to the point, which is just silly and against company protocols :shock:
Necramonium

AmperCamper wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:42 am We've received quite a bit of feedback on the mission timers, and we've even adjusted them once so far based on community comments.

The thing about adding pressure, this conflicts at the same time with the intense realism the game holds, i can understand when it's on the sniper mission where you need to get to your fellow Marines hold up in that building as a IED is set to blow, but the other missions honestly don't need it. Doing these missions, you got no timer, never has it happened that soldiers were send on a mission and when 10 minutes were over they were send back to base cause time ran out. When on a mission, you need to take your time, only when clearing a building, you gotta hit fast.
Doc_Savage

I never understand why this game needs a timer, personally I think timers just put people off from playing.
I play a lot off single player, but with the timer it just gets old real quick
rodrigoxm49

Doc_Savage wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:06 am
I never understand why this game needs a timer, personally I think timers just put people off from playing.
I play a lot off single player, but with the timer it just gets old real quick
It was explained many times. It's there to give sense of some urgency to the players and prevent teammates camping while there others dead.

I think I time selector with vote system would really fix it for everyone. But now playing more, becaming better everytime and playing with people that act like a team, I changed a little my opinion. It's doable if you focuses on the objective. Forget cleaning every house. Discuss a route with teammates and go straight to the objective, use many smokes you need to do get in the objective the soon as possible. It always works when the team organizes well. What I was missing is focus and I wasn't realizing that. Playing more make me realize it.
Thomas_the_virus

Necramonium wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:54 pm

The thing about adding pressure, this conflicts at the same time with the intense realism the game holds, i can understand when it's on the sniper mission where you need to get to your fellow Marines hold up in that building as a IED is set to blow, but the other missions honestly don't need it. Doing these missions, you got no timer, never has it happened that soldiers were send on a mission and when 10 minutes were over they were send back to base cause time ran out. When on a mission, you need to take your time, only when clearing a building, you gotta hit fast.
Yes ! This is what i was trying to convey ! Im real bad at explaining things at times 🤣 🤙
Never in any situation have they been sent back cause of they possibly used a few minutes over the time 👍 what happens happens 👍 and you have to take the consequences of those actions what they be, more enemies rushing or camping outside your building, a vbied, allies getting killed etc bad stuff that can Come dragging and need to be sorted👍or can be chosen to move around to retreat cause of masscas 👍

Not Just a gotdamn you failed slapped in my face all the time, cause i know we failed, every fucking Day 🤣👍