Ammo

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Eseicos

Ammo

Hello everyone, I would like to open a topic that I think has not been touched on in the forum.
It is the amount of ammunition, I know that the issue of the realism of the ballistics that is being developed in terms of penetration, bullet drop, calibers ... etc. But I ask and the amount that the player and the AI ​​will carry? I imagine that the player will carry a limited amount of ammunition, grenades, etc ... to maintain the realism that the game wants to convey.
But what about the AI, will it have unlimited ammunition like in most games or will it have limited ammunition like the player?
I think that limiting the ammunition to the AI ​​would be interesting to give a more real and tactical touch to the game. Have points where to resupply with ammunition and to be able to give orders to the squad in terms of maintaining suppression fire (seen in the gamplay), being able to give order to cease fire, etc. and control the ammunition expenditure.
I am waiting for comments on the subject from the developers and from fellow forum members to get a little general opinion.
Greetings and thanks to all
Tan_47

Re: Ammo

I've also wondered how ammunition will be handled.

It would be interesting if your source for ammunition is coming from your teammates, but it also poses the question on if teammates will have limited or unlimited ammunition.

I remember Medal of Honor's (2010) campaign had a feature where you could get extra ammo from your teammates. The problem, however, was that it always seems like they never run out of ammo despite taking a large chunk of ammo from them.
Eseicos

I forgot,
Will it be possible to collect the weapons and ammunition of the fallen in combat on both sides? I think it would also be interesting to test the weapons of both sides. greetings again.
Eseicos

If in what you comment on the 2010 medal, I think I remember that the last Call of Duty you can also ask for ammunition from the AI ​​colleagues.
But it is a system that does not quite convince me, they always have ammunition .... They never run out!
The same happens in the collection of ammunition, you go over a fall and the ammunition is automatically filled.
I think you would have to look for a system similar to EFT, but perhaps simplifying it a bit.
Tan_47

Eseicos wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:42 am If in what you comment on the 2010 medal, I think I remember that the last Call of Duty you can also ask for ammunition from the AI ​​colleagues.
But it is a system that does not quite convince me, they always have ammunition .... They never run out!
The same happens in the collection of ammunition, you go over a fall and the ammunition is automatically filled.
I think you would have to look for a system similar to EFT, but perhaps simplifying it a bit.
Yeah, I think a solution could be that there's a limit on the amount of times you can ask for ammo from your teammates.

I too also wonder if you can pick weapons off of enemies.
Eseicos

We will have to wait to see what solution to this issue the developers offer us, but I see that I am not the only one who cares.
I hope you find a well balanced solution between realism and gameplay.
BrachiateNote8

In the latest interview, Read Omohundro said that you only have what you need for that scenario and if you waste your ammo then it won't work out well for you
Tan_47

BrachiateNote8 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:07 am In the latest interview, Read Omohundro said that you only have what you need for that scenario and if you waste your ammo then it won't work out well for you
Yeah, I remember him saying that.

So, it appears that precision will play an important role in the game. Which, for a tactical shooter, is essential.
Eseicos

BrachiateNote8 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:07 am In the latest interview, Read Omohundro said that you only have what you need for that scenario and if you waste your ammo then it won't work out well for you
The comment is fine with me.
But I think that asking a teammate for a charger or picking up a weapon from a fallen in combat would not be out of the question.
Samz707

I hope picking up weapons is in the game but maybe to encourage not doing so (Since IRL, from what I'm aware, you're only supposed to use enemy weapons in an emergency.), is that enemy weapons come with little-to-no spare ammo and not even a full magazine is guaranteed, it's the kinda system I'm hoping it turns out they're going with.

So you can but you're better off making your shots count in the first place.