Waypoint Marking

Share suggestions and feedback here.
quakeroatz

Waypoint Marking

Pointing out a waypoint/objective with the C key is a key teamplay communication tool for indicating threats or directing teammates to the next building to clear, etc.

I find that the key inconsistently places the bullseye on buildings and I have to hit it many times until we see it. Sometime the bullseye is red, other times white and sometimes it doesn't appear and you just point with your arm.

Is there some intended logic we should know to use this properly? I feel like I'm missing something.

Id like to be able to place a high vis bullseye/marker with one tap of the button, that is visible to all players. Perhaps we could get a hovering marker on the map (like the tall cross we have on objectives) so players can see the marker of they are on the other side of
the building. Perhaps a marker on the mini map, so players can see which direction to go.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Waypoint Marking

The current ping system is the first iteration, and we plan on expanding this in the future.

Your suggestions are great feedback for us, so please let us know if there's anything else you'd like to see here.
filed.teeth

While were on marker, if I'm ADS's and hit the radio button, it places a marker.

I don't want it to.
MRTINK

I think that using a rosebud system would help a lot. When you press 'c' it will open a pie shape command center. In each pie piece there is a different preset command/call out. Mouse click on the command you wish to give and it gives the command and closes the rosebud. It is in Insurgency Sandstorm and works wonderfully. A few possible commands for movement: Move here, Cover this direction, Double time here, Tunnel here etc. Combat commands: Cover fire here, grenade here, suppress here, shooter over here etc.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

filed.teeth wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:52 pm While were on marker, if I'm ADS's and hit the radio button, it places a marker.

I don't want it to.
This is an intentional way of placing a marker for identifying targets (as you're unable to use the radio and ADS simultaneously anyway). Do you dislike this because of accidental markers?
MRTINK wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:31 am I think that using a rosebud system would help a lot. When you press 'c' it will open a pie shape command center. In each pie piece there is a different preset command/call out. Mouse click on the command you wish to give and it gives the command and closes the rosebud. It is in Insurgency Sandstorm and works wonderfully. A few possible commands for movement: Move here, Cover this direction, Double time here, Tunnel here etc. Combat commands: Cover fire here, grenade here, suppress here, shooter over here etc.
Do you find these "rosebud" or radial menus convoluted or invasive?
filed.teeth

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:49 am
filed.teeth wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:52 pm While were on marker, if I'm ADS's and hit the radio button, it places a marker.

I don't want it to.
This is an intentional way of placing a marker for identifying targets (as you're unable to use the radio and ADS simultaneously anyway). Do you dislike this because of accidental markers?

Lol, yes I disliked it because of accidental markers but

Doh! I hadn't thought about not being able to use radio and ADS at the same time...

Only thing I could think of would be to have radio take you out of ADS, and marker still be mark if you wanted to mark while ADS'd.

But now that you made me use another brain cell, I'll just remember how it works...
MRTINK

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:49 am
MRTINK wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:31 am I think that using a rosebud system would help a lot. When you press 'c' it will open a pie shape command center. In each pie piece there is a different preset command/call out. Mouse click on the command you wish to give and it gives the command and closes the rosebud. It is in Insurgency Sandstorm and works wonderfully. A few possible commands for movement: Move here, Cover this direction, Double time here, Tunnel here etc. Combat commands: Cover fire here, grenade here, suppress here, shooter over here etc.
Do you find these "rosebud" or radial menus convoluted or invasive?
I do not find then invasive. In Insurgency: Sandstorm, I play commander most of the time and the role is dependent on the all outs. I use it so often that I don't even have to look at it to make a call and it is only on screen for a second or two.