More insight into air support?

Share suggestions and feedback here.
Enthusiast

More insight into air support?

Just wondering if there's any chance we can get some more insight into how air support works in the future, since the most we've gotten is just we know we'll have it in the game, but if you guys still aren't ready to share more info on this I understand, as I already have two threads going in depth about air support one Amper responded to and the other he just thanked, which leads me to believe there still not ready to reveal more.

I've suggested this in the past as a possible SITREP topic, but seeing as how as there currently focused on Marine tactics and AI, this probably won't be a thing for some time, something I'd also like to be clarified is a question that was asked in QNA video that introduced me to the forums.
The question was wether or not air support would play a role in the game and they stated that, "Air support plays a more important in single player than multiplayer right now", and then went on to say that the most common air support came from AC-130 gunships which is true, but also went on to say that helicopters were definitely used in the battle, but were highly targeted.

Does this mean helicopters as air support are ruled out for Six days?, but AC-130 gunships will be in the game?, not sure about airstrikes from jets since you can hear some ambient jet noises in Six days, sorry if I might seem overly passionate about this, I just would like some more insight into how air support functions in Six days considering how it played a major role in phantom fury, and I hope we'll see more on this soon, if attack helicopters will be in the game the super cobra should be more prominent than the Apache seeing as how the cobra is main attack helicopters of the USMC same goes for the A-10, while I still do have many questions to ask, I guess I'll just have to wait till there ready to realese more info on this.

These two articles provide some good info https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... MEiQ3lIKsu
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... uU3SgWdmrH
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: More insight into air support?

Thanks for asking this. Yes, helicopters do a play a role during gameplay, but they are not directed by players (at least, not in our initial releases). Also, the helicopter that’s featured is the Cobra.
Enthusiast

Re: More insight into air support?

AmperCamper wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:43 am Thanks for asking this. Yes, helicopters do a play a role during gameplay, but they are not directed by players (at least, not in our initial releases). Also, the helicopter that’s featured is the Cobra.
Sorry for not replying sooner, but will the Cobra operate in pairs and will it utilizes both the hellfire missiles or just the 20mm cannon?.