Tobii Eye Tracker Support?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
cloudnull

Tobii Eye Tracker Support?

Just a quick question, any chance we'll see support for Tobii, or similar?
KageOni

Re: Tobii Eye Tracker Support?

How would it be used in a game like this?
StrixBit

Currently, unlike games like Squad, Arma, DCS, and others there is no head swivel. I couldn't see it working without head swivel unless your idea was to have the whole body move with your eye movement.
cloudnull

KageOni wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:56 pm How would it be used in a game like this?
It's mentioned further in the thread that head swivel isn't implemented, so this may be a non-starter. That said, if head swivel was implemented I could see something like tobii being used to check corners, glance left/right, etc, without having to move the weapon across the field of view.
cloudnull

StrixBit wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:20 pm Currently, unlike games like Squad, Arma, DCS, and others there is no head swivel. I couldn't see it working without head swivel unless your idea was to have the whole body move with your eye movement.
I think head swivel would need to be implemented to make something like tobii, or any eye/head tracking, useful. I don't think having the whole body move with the eyes would be a great experience. IDK if head swivel is in the development plans, if not, no worries.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

No plans for this right now, but we may revisit later. Thanks guys!
KageOni

cloudnull wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:44 am
It's mentioned further in the thread that head swivel isn't implemented, so this may be a non-starter. That said, if head swivel was implemented I could see something like tobii being used to check corners, glance left/right, etc, without having to move the weapon across the field of view.
Interesting. I just watched a video about Tobii and ARMA3 and its just used like a Track IR.

Seems cool and kinda wished this game had a freelook button but considering they want it to be controller friendly I figured that was out of scope.