Will the negative press and the petition affect the game

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Stormtrooperodst

Will the negative press and the petition affect the game

Someone has made a petition to ban the game and with the amount to signatures it’s getting could it affect the games release
error2k

Re: Will the negative press and the petition affect the game

FYI many people who signed that petition work for AAA studios. I found two names who signed it, who work on Rainbow Six Siege, another tactical shooter. Hmm, suspicious. It really feels like manufactured outrage.

Either way, I hope devs won't listen to them, since they are just a small vocal minority. They have like 2.5 signatures on the petition, while the trailer for the game has 50k likes vs 4.6k dislikes lol. And those people petitioning against this game aren't even the target audience for those kind of shooters.
Last edited by error2k on Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tan_47

Have you found any other prominent name who signed the petition?
RubyFox

Tan_47 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:16 pm Have you found any other prominent name who signed the petition?
Some Arkham Knight lead developer. Mostly just people who wouldn't develop First Person shooter or this caliber would be the loudest critic. Seriously, I wish everyone would just respect other people platform and stop deciding what games are allowed to be made.
evan466

The developer that started that petition, which has his petitioning of Joe Biden and the US Government to censor the game, is apparently not familiar with the 1st amendment. And I have to say, it seems unethical for numerous fellow developers in the game industry, who can be seen as competitors to this game, as trying to get it cancelled. We have people working on Rainbow 6 Siege which allows you to execute civilians, wounded soldiers, and deploy chemical weapons criticizing the game for downplaying war, with evidence to the contrary of them actually doing that. In Gotham Knights you’ll spend most of your time beating up poor people and the mentally ill. Perhaps these games should be cancelled instead?

We’ve seen 2 trailers and, what, like 4 minutes of gameplay? And all these people signing the petition have already made up their minds about the game.

It’s worth noting that the trailers posted on IGN have been well received despite all the vocal critics of the game.
TJ_Spartan

Also petitioning it to the United Nations :lol:

I find that pretty disturbing actually, that people would want to make video games an International Crime against humanity.

Would it be worth it for the Devs to reach out and have a civil discussion with this person? Maybe make him understand what this game is all about?
Temp account

TJ_Spartan wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:19 pm Also petitioning it to the United Nations
They DO realize that, the last time the U.N. got invovled with anything related to video games, they ended up memory holing the entire event because it was the BIGGEST emberessament the organization ever hosted, right?
evan466

TJ_Spartan wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:19 pm Would it be worth it for the Devs to reach out and have a civil discussion with this person? Maybe make him understand what this game is all about?
I would recommend against it. I don’t think he’s interested in a rational discussion about it. I think the devs would be best served by finishing and releasing their game and letting those who actually play it judge it on its merits.
Lavish4u

evan466 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:35 pm
TJ_Spartan wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:19 pm Would it be worth it for the Devs to reach out and have a civil discussion with this person? Maybe make him understand what this game is all about?
I would recommend against it. I don’t think he’s interested in a rational discussion about it. I think the devs would be best served by finishing and releasing their game and letting those who actually play it judge it on its merits.
Well said Evan. It would be just adding fuel to the fire they're not interested in listening. They'd rip anything said.
Don't Panic

My only suggestion is ignore the hate. Let people have their opinions as it is their right, and the best thing we can do is continue to show support for the developers as we are their audience.

That being said I totally understand discussing it, but starting our own petition makes us no better than them. Continue to pursue this project with the love and passion we have shown before, not follow the same steps of those who want to turn their opinions into a legal battle.

I also personally think that our strongest counter argument is this community. The people who are level headed and not calling people names and saying this that or the other. Following up on my first sentence as far as, "the best thing we can do is continue to show support for the developers as we are their audience." , we should continue to spread the word and try to bring as many of our friends who are likeminded to the forums to also show support for the game. This gives the world the understanding that we are here for what is being made. A game, that tells a story as accurate as possible with an amalgamation of things involved. Nothing more, nothing less.