Will the negative press and the petition affect the game

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Jeff

Re: Will the negative press and the petition affect the game

My opinion is, it's true, War is not a game and SDIF tells true stories,

SDIF is not a game where you just must have to "kill for fun" like Battlefield or Call of Duty, it's a duty to remember like a historical book or a historical movie, it's a game that tells real stories.

Today, young people no longer read books, we don't go to cinema, but we play at video games and Six days in Fallujah is a modern source of information but don't as the others "prehistoric" media (Tv and Books), to make you feel at best as possible what the soldiers experienced.

Personally i don't feel this while reading a book or seeing a movie.

who can ban a book? ban a newspaper to be published, ban TV news to be broadcast or ban a game come out?
it would be exactly like the extremist mentality if the game can't come out , and we are not like them, we are not like terrorists, so let's the game out.

That's why Six days must be released, in the name of freedom of expression, in the name of truth and in the name of collective memory, so as not to forget all the victims of September 11, all the soldiers who gave their lives in iraq for our freedom , the world's freedom and why we went there.

I was 17 at the time of the Twin Towers attacks, all the media broadcast in loop on the Tv, I'll never forget and the game can help us today to understand and learn for young people and future generations who play video games but above never to forget.

if I could have gone to fight, I would have been there too.

Thanks to the Developers who have never given up for so many years despite the bad reviews.

Jeff from Belgium
Recon4thCav

You do realize books and movies have been banned? 1st Ammendment doesn't let say whatever you want.
BobTank63

Recon4thCav wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:11 am You do realize books and movies have been banned? 1st Amendment doesn't let say whatever you want.
The First Amendment doesn't apply only when the speech is libel, slander, or creates a clear and present danger to the public. This game meets none of those criteria, so it shouldn't be censored.
evan466

Recon4thCav wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:11 am You do realize books and movies have been banned? 1st Ammendment doesn't let say whatever you want.
What books/movies are you specifically referring to when you say the US government has banned them?
Karlito Loko

Sounds like other developers are scared this game is going to give them a run for their money. Good.
Recon4thCav

BobTank63 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:43 am
Recon4thCav wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:11 am You do realize books and movies have been banned? 1st Amendment doesn't let say whatever you want.
The First Amendment doesn't apply only when the speech is libel, slander, or creates a clear and present danger to the public. This game meets none of those criteria, so it shouldn't be censored.
You should research the 1st Ammendment more. Your ignorance is showing.

But I know you just want to pretend to be me and my brothers so bad in a video game because you are not man enough to do it in real life. It's cool. Real men do it, fake men pretend to do it.
Mk25

2nd Battalion, 7th Cavalry unit member here and I support the game. Some of us do want our story told. The corps showed us not to be <removed - AmperCamper - flaming>.
Last edited by AmperCamper on Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Flaming
BobTank63

Mk25 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:59 pm 2nd Battalion, 7th Cavalry unit member here and I support the game. Some of us do want our story told. The corps showed us not to be <removed - AmperCamper - flaming>.
Mk25, can I ask you a question? If you were in Fallujah, what was your ROE in the battle? Recon keeps claiming you guys had weapons free in contrast to what the interviewees told Highwire Games, and I would like to get a second source on that.
Recon4thCav

Mk25 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:59 pm 2nd Battalion, 7th Cavalry unit member here and I support the game. Some of us do want our story told. The corps showed us not to be <removed - AmperCamper - flaming>.
<removed - AmperCamper - flaming>.
Last edited by AmperCamper on Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Flaming