A question about tone

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Sbavinci

A question about tone

A lot of the negative press seems to be hyper focused on the game being a black and white propaganda piece, which I frankly don't believe. I would like to get the words straight out of the developers mouth as to if this game is going to delve into the moral greyness of the conflict, IE portray atrocities committed by both factions prior to and during the events of the conflict instead of just glossing over such and such things, and treating them in a mature manner and not going for the Modern Warfare approach of "We get our hands dirty so the world stays clean" malarkey that made that campaigns story so......meh.

I have no doubt in my mind that this game can be the next "Spec Ops: The Line" if things are done well enough, and I am hoping for that to be the case.

If not, I enjoy games like Insurgency, so regardless of what happens Ill still get this game for the gameplay alone.
Tan_47

Re: A question about tone

I'm not a developer, but I would like to share an article and video interview where they have talked extensively about what kind of tone they're aiming for.
https://venturebeat.com/2021/03/03/why- ... -fallujah/
Sbavinci

I think I can see now, but I will wait for the game to actually release before I draw all of my conclusions, unlike some of the twats on twitter who have already decided "game is bad because everyone says it bad."

Hopefully the game has a moment where white phosphorous is deployed and the player has to walk through the aftermath, or something similar to it to really show how fucked Fallujah was, that will probably be enough to win me over.

Bonus points if they treat Blackwater with disdain.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Sbavinci wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:59 am Hopefully the game has a moment where white phosphorous is deployed and the player has to walk through the aftermath, or something similar to it to really show how fucked Fallujah was, that will probably be enough to win me over.
Players will not be able to use white phosphorus. However, its use will be present in the documentary portions of the game.

We have stories from Marines and Iraqis that were not being told, and so we felt a responsibility to share these stories to the best of our ability with the respect and integrity the deserve. At the end of the day, our goal isn't to whitewash history. We hope players will walk away from the experience better understanding the human cost of war.
Recon4thCav

White Phosphorus was only used before we assaulted the city. No reason for it to be in the video game besides if there is a mission of the assault into the city. I know on the Army side that is when CSM Faulkenberg was killed by a sniper on the Army main assault into Fallujah.