Gameplay Sneak Peak Opinion

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
KoniSprezeni

Gameplay Sneak Peak Opinion

Hi to everyone from the team and on this forum,

first of all I want to say, than the gameplay reveal via IGN was the thing I was waiting for, it just looks amazing and from what I have seen it really feels like you are there! Great visuals of the enviroment, realistic sound of everything happening around you and it looks like gun play will be really out of the ordinary in terms of modern FPS shooters. Slow paced tempo of movement also hits the spot. Addition of the comentary from people who were actually involved in the conflict makes this even more different than usual action game and honestly sometimes I had chills down my spine. I just want to thank everyone in Highwire Games, Victura and all who contributed in any kind of way for this hard work, that is alrealdy beeing seen behind this passion project.

I had a few question that came up my mind from seeing the footage. In what manner will the procedural enviroment work exactly? Will it render the new level everytime you load the game or even in case you fail the objective and have to reaload it from the checkpoint, or will it happen only when you start the whole mission again? Absence of HUD is something I am excited too, so I am wondering if there will be no HUD at all as it is in the footage, or if this is only for purpose of showing the game. Would be great if you could adjust the settings in your own liking. Last questing is regarding co-op playability. Can you play whole story campaing in co-op? Probably except for mission(s) with Iraqi citizen.

Thanks again for doing this game and wish all the best to everyone on the team in these difficult times!
Don't Panic

Re: Gameplay Sneak Peak Opinion

KoniSprezeni wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:48 pm Hi to everyone from the team and on this forum,

first of all I want to say, than the gameplay reveal via IGN was the thing I was waiting for, it just looks amazing and from what I have seen it really feels like you are there! Great visuals of the enviroment, realistic sound of everything happening around you and it looks like gun play will be really out of the ordinary in terms of modern FPS shooters. Slow paced tempo of movement also hits the spot. Addition of the comentary from people who were actually involved in the conflict makes this even more different than usual action game and honestly sometimes I had chills down my spine. I just want to thank everyone in Highwire Games, Victura and all who contributed in any kind of way for this hard work, that is alrealdy beeing seen behind this passion project.

I had a few question that came up my mind from seeing the footage. In what manner will the procedural enviroment work exactly? Will it render the new level everytime you load the game or even in case you fail the objective and have to reaload it from the checkpoint, or will it happen only when you start the whole mission again? Absence of HUD is something I am excited too, so I am wondering if there will be no HUD at all as it is in the footage, or if this is only for purpose of showing the game. Would be great if you could adjust the settings in your own liking. Last questing is regarding co-op playability. Can you play whole story campaing in co-op? Probably except for mission(s) with Iraqi citizen.

Thanks again for doing this game and wish all the best to everyone on the team in these difficult times!
The best part of it to me is that what we saw was pre-alpha footage. A lot of people didn't seem to notice that part, but this to me means that what we will see at the end of development is a more flushed and beautiful game on a mechanical and aesthetic level. Even what was presented to us for the gameplay reveal was gorgeous in my opinion.
KoniSprezeni

Don't Panic wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:40 pm
KoniSprezeni wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:48 pm Hi to everyone from the team and on this forum,

The best part of it to me is that what we saw was pre-alpha footage. A lot of people didn't seem to notice that part, but this to me means that what we will see at the end of development is a more flushed and beautiful game on a mechanical and aesthetic level. Even what was presented to us for the gameplay reveal was gorgeous in my opinion.
Exactly, I just cant wait to see the full game. It already feels like the right aproach.
Ocean Horizon

I was definitely impressed, too! It's looking superb! I also appreciate that lack of HUD you mention, KoniSprezeni.

My understanding is that the procedural generation happens every time you load in or restart.

Like you folks I am def excited to see things at launch! Nice call on the pre-alpha footage, Don't Panic.
geasus

I'm definitely excited to see this game come into fruition too! Loving the concept of randomly generated maps, close to zero hud, and simple squad commands. This has me wondering, if we were to look down will we see our body and legs? And, in addition to that will looking down be a way of indicating how many magazines or what utilities we have remaining, available or both?