The negative press for this game is getting ridiculous

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
TJ_Spartan

The negative press for this game is getting ridiculous

Gaming Journos continue to lie about this game making it out to be more "political" than it actually is. Now they're trying to convince us that it's just another "generic" mainstream military shooter.

https://www.pcgamer.com/six-days-in-fal ... l-of-duty/

Basically "Military shooter looks a lot like Military shooter" :lol:
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: The negative press for this game is getting ridiculous

We’re very glad to see that those who actually play military shooters can tell the difference.
Tan_47

It's strange that the article states that the game looks like Call of Duty when the gameplay doesn't remotely look like it. The gameplay clearly lends itself to a tactical shooter than any Call of Duty game that I know.

I can understand if what they meant is that it seems reminiscent of certain missions (i.e. Clean House), but it seems like they're implying that this game is trying to emulate Call of Duty when it isn't.
Last edited by Tan_47 on Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RubyFox

I thought the gameplay looks more like a Modern version of Brother in Arms, which isn't necessarily a bad thing as I was hoping that their series would push up to the present day from World War II. Sadly that request was never fruition so this was the next best thing.
Don't Panic

TJ_Spartan wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:21 am Gaming Journos continue to lie about this game making it out to be more "political" than it actually is. Now they're trying to convince us that it's just another "generic" mainstream military shooter.

The smear campaign is so incredibly easy to point out. I've been PC gaming for 20+ years and saw right through all that crap.
Tan_47

Don't Panic wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:23 pm
TJ_Spartan wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:21 am Gaming Journos continue to lie about this game making it out to be more "political" than it actually is. Now they're trying to convince us that it's just another "generic" mainstream military shooter.

The smear campaign is so incredibly easy to point out. I've been PC gaming for 20+ years and saw right through all that crap.
It's especially bad in Youtube since most videos about the game are of that nature.
Tan_47

Whoops, I made a double post of my comment. Can a moderator please deal with that?
Don't Panic

Tan_47 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:49 pm
Don't Panic wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:23 pm

It's especially bad in Youtube since most videos about the game are of that nature.
lol at the double post, and yeah it's been terrible. The amount of people ganging up on me for trying to educate people politely in the comments has been ridiculous. That won't stop me from continuing my support though.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Tan_47 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:52 pm Whoops, I made a double post of my comment. Can a moderator please deal with that?
Sorted.
Don't Panic wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:23 pm lol at the double post, and yeah it's been terrible. The amount of people ganging up on me for trying to educate people politely in the comments has been ridiculous. That won't stop me from continuing my support though.
I want you all to know that your support does not go unnoticed. I can speak for everyone on the team when I say we read the forums, and your support during our early stages of Six Days is so important to us.
Eseicos

The support for the game and the developers is total on the part of all of us who are registered in this forum. Criticisms will always exist, made by people of false morals, who have not even played a COD and do not know how to differentiate a shotter using a game / simulator that recreates a part of the story, which no matter how hard it has to be accept as it happened, and pay tribute to all who participated in it. Luckily many of us are already used to criticism of many games, of all kinds and for any ridiculous reason, it is only a matter of ignoring them. Whoever does not want to accept these facts should not play and leave us alone. Greetings.