Will there be any sort of Versus multiplayer modes later down the line?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Peerun

Will there be any sort of Versus multiplayer modes later down the line?

The Steam page for SDIF says that there will be more content added as development goes on, but there is no mention of any Versus modes for the game, will it stay purely Coop? Seems like a wasted opportunity for a small-scale competitive mode - I think the procedural maps would be a great boon for something like that.
Kean_1

Re: Will there be any sort of Versus multiplayer modes later down the line?

As it stands, there are no plans for adversarial multiplayer in SDiF. The game (so far) is slated to release with a campaign and co-op mode.

There hasn't been a definite "no" that I've seen to the idea but what has been made clear is that players will not have the option to take the role of insurgents.

There are several discussions on the subject. Personally, I think the procedural generation could be a game-changer in the PvP space too but I don't know if it should have ties to SDiF. ....perhaps as a separate project for the team down the line.
Dague

Peerun wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:28 am The Steam page for SDIF says that there will be more content added as development goes on, but there is no mention of any Versus modes for the game, will it stay purely Coop? Seems like a wasted opportunity for a small-scale competitive mode - I think the procedural maps would be a great boon for something like that.
I can assure you the developers are not concerned with small-scale competitive modes. First off, the maps are generated procedurally. As a competitive gamer myself, this offers challenges to balancing. With each map being generated "new" every time the games loads, there could be issues where one team is given the short end of the stick when it comes to map advantage.

Although there has been no definitive NO from the devs, I see this never coming to fruition for many reasons:
1) Proceduarl map generation presenting balancing issues.
2) Developers have EXPLICITLY stated that nobody will be able to play as the AQI (Insurgents) no matter what.
3) That being said, with realism being at stake which is what this game strives for, you will not have BLUFOR (friendly forces) fighting BLUFOR.

I just don't see this as a viable option in any state of the game. That being said, stranger things have happened.
Dague

I wanna make one quick revision of this:

Atomic Games (The Original Studio for SDIF) shortly after SDIF was canceled in 2009, released the game engine behind the original SDIF in a game called "Breach". It was to showcase what the studio had innovated behind the original iteration of the SDIF destructible environment. That being said, I could see Victura developing a completely separate game based on the SDIF game engine and releasing it later down the line as a multiplayer FPS game with PvP. I do not see it being released under the SDIF title though. It would probably be a more fictional realistic PvP game with potential US Forces fighting a fictional faction or another faction that isn't as controversial as AQI.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

We appreciate community conversations around this, but I think you guys are digging too deep right now.

We have no news on adversarial multiplayer for Six Days, and we'll let everyone know if plans change.