Prone

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Tazzadar3

Prone

Will we be able to go prone? Would be cool if you could also lean in a specific direction while prone.
Also will there be the ability to use bipods on weapons.
I am also curious if insurgents will be able to go prone as well in order to utilize the lower murder holes that I have seen on some walls in some of the videos.
As of writing this, only eight more days till EA, so excited!
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Prone

No prone, as the stories we've heard made it mostly insignificant. There were exceptions, but players will mostly be on the move while they clear houses in CQB.

The same is true for Insurgents - one of the core design goals behind Insurgent tactical behavior is to keep them mobile so they can be reactive to players. This means they will crouch and maneuver through obstacles to avoid fire.

We'd like to take things one step further by improving their ambushes and ability to hide from players. This includes hiding inside closets, laying down underneath beds, etc. This isn't within the scope of launch, though, and will likely be improved upon later.
Khe sanh

Shouldn't the PKM gunners be less mobile though?, in the gameplay I've seen there on the move a bit too much, one they could be on a rooftop over looking a kilzone or have machine gun mounted on something in the house there hiding in like a looking down stairs or something, also feel like there bursts should last longer.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Khe sanh wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:39 pm Shouldn't the PKM gunners be less mobile though?, in the gameplay I've seen there on the move a bit too much, one they could be on a rooftop over looking a kilzone or have machine gun mounted on something in the house there hiding in like a looking down stairs or something, also feel like there bursts should last longer.
This is good feedback. I'll make sure our AI designers take a look.