WTAF!?!?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
xxinfurnoxx

WTAF!?!?

Apologies in advance for this post, that said I really got irritated with this guys video. He claims to have been following this game and is really invested in it, yet he goes on to make many false statements and completely miss represents the game, and all the hard work the devs have done. I left a comment on his video informing him of his miss information, but this kind of ignorance is absolutely annoying af. Here's the video & cause of my rant.. (removed to not promote stupidity) To the creator's who supposedly helped create this game (not military veterans) wtf were you all thinking being selfish and making a game for yourselves.....shame on you.
Okay now all sarcasm aside, I truly can't wait to get this game and all creator's who have gameplay footage up y'all did a great job 💯🔥
Last edited by xxinfurnoxx on Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kean_1

Re: WTAF!?!?

Personally, I might be tempted to take the link down as to not give him any more exposure than he deserves, but that's just me.

I just read some of the comments rather than watch his video. I also gave it a thumbs down.

He's small potatoes with relatively few subscribers. He's a nobody that hasn't really done any amount of research that I can tell. It's obvious he's coming from a perspective of unwarranted mistrust making wild, baseless assumptions along with spreading misinformation.

The only thing I can think of is that he's trying to buck the trend of good reviews to get more attention. SDiF is likely a well searched game on YT and the internet in recent days. I can tell you right now that some of his remarks will not age well but then again, this video will fall into obscurity as my guess is that he will too.

His remarks fly in the face of the good reviews and positive reactions from YTers who have far more integrity, solid reputations, are more trusted and have larger followings than he does.

This one can go in the trash bin of history as far as I'm concerned.
Kridath

Kean,

No matter what there will always be certain people that want to make statements regardless of the facts. It sounds like he’s creating clout to possibly try and gain more publicity for his channel.
Kridath

I watched the video in full and he didn’t state any real concerns and clearly isn’t a big fan. If he has been following the game he hasn’t been following in here on the forums.

Also most of his comments contradict what he says in the video
BobTank63

I think you should just take the link down. Don’t give him the exposure he’s clearly after.
aggimajera

Unpopular opinion - I don't believe he's wrong. Not really.

His thoughts on releasing in Early Access, the lack of any single-player content shown, and the dangers of the games failure are true. I think releasing in early access is a mistake and a half. I wholeheartedly wish it wasn't. It shows us that Victura took on way more than it was prepared for and the project ballooned hard. I was really hoping the game would not go there, yet here we are. I still think taking the experience of Fallujah and making it an unfinished early access title is wrong on many levels. As a game its defendable, but not an EA title.

I think the lack of any presentation of the campaign, the meat and potatoes of the project, after nearly 2 years is hugely concerning. We got coop sure, and I understand the appeal of a coop setting for a situation like this. I think it looks exciting. But that was not the initial allure of the game as a playable documentary. Even after everything, especially since the game is now an early access title, I still wish the coop got cancelled to focus on the single player.

And this is the truest part of all: if Six Days fails, which I hope it doesn't, other projects of this type will be at risk of dying in the crib.

I don't really agree with him on the bias of the creators of the lack of an objective in the gameplay. But even still, I don't disagree on everything else. I'm throwing my hat in the ring for Early Access out of faith in Victura, not just on the product I'm seeing at present. It needs a ton of work still. But I believe in the idea.
Kridath

aggimajera wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:22 am I don't really agree with him on the bias of the creators of the lack of an objective in the gameplay. But even still, I don't disagree on everything else. I'm throwing my hat in the ring for Early Access out of faith in Victura, not just on the product I'm seeing at present. It needs a ton of work still. But I believe in the idea.
I’m happy the didn’t include single player to start. That gets boring and monotonous really quick. I’d much have something with re-playability like co-op. With the way the game is meant to work it should be a lot of fun.

Also what has been shown isn’t guaranteed the same quality that they will be releasing in EA. EA is a smart move from a business aspect. They need support from the community financially and the community with be able to play, test, and give major insight to the dev team.

Also look at the current quality of this game. If this was CoD most people would be going ballistic yelling “game of the year” they have millions and millions in their budget. Victura wants to do this right and lets us, it’s community know as much as they are willing to tell us on the subject.

You can throw your hat in the ring on EA, but give the game a shot. You might be surprised by how in depth it is. The YTers I’ve seen that enjoy the game seem to truly enjoy what they had their hands on. Most of them sounded as if it was genuine excitement.

So yeah. Nervous about EA, everyone is now days when most games never leave it anymore. Do I have major faith that Victura and Highwire are going to do their best, if course