Mission Length

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Kronzky

Mission Length

In all the videos that have been published so far, the typical mission length seems to be about 8-10 minutes (which is quite short for a tactical shooter).
Is that due to the limitation of the engine (that may not be able to generate larger maps), or can we expect longer engagements in the future?
BobTank63

Re: Mission Length

I think a lot of the YouTubers are cutting down some of their footage length for some reason (restrictions on footage length they can release?). Based on the pop-ups that occur during the gameplay, players appear to have more than 10 minutes to take the HQ and complete any secondary objectives, plus a defense period where they hold off an insurgent counter attack.
xxinfurnoxx

I am hopeful for larger areas as well, while the map seems decent it also seem fairly short. We have only seen one of the 4 missions coming to EA, maybe different missions have different size areas?
AmperCamper
Community Manager

BobTank63 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:27 am I think a lot of the YouTubers are cutting down some of their footage length for some reason (restrictions on footage length they can release?). Based on the pop-ups that occur during the gameplay, players appear to have more than 10 minutes to take the HQ and complete any secondary objectives, plus a defense period where they hold off an insurgent counter attack.
Yes, captured gameplay was restricted to 8 minutes total and so, plenty of creators are chopping footage up to account for this. Generally, mission length is a bit longer than this, but it will vary based on tackling additional side objectives that present themselves.
xxinfurnoxx wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:10 am I am hopeful for larger areas as well, while the map seems decent it also seem fairly short. We have only seen one of the 4 missions coming to EA, maybe different missions have different size areas?
Mission AO is roughly the size of 1-2 city blocks, with some exceptions based on the mission. With that being said, we are generally focused around a smaller AO with higher levels of detail inside these areas.
Kronzky

So, I guess a more appropriate title for this game would've been

15 MINUTES IN FALLUJAH ???
TacticalJunkie

its been 2 days, and I'm disappointed no one said that was funny. That was indeed, funny.
xxinfurnoxx

AmperCamper wrote: "Mission AO is roughly the size of 1-2 city blocks, with some exceptions based on the mission. With that being said, we are generally focused around a smaller AO with higher levels of detail inside these areas."

Could there possibly be like a 4-6 block type map and or mission (it'd help with bringing 8 players to SDIF) without loosing detail 🤔. This game looks incredible and I want it to succeed 💯. That said I can see people loosing interest in it if all the missions can be completed in 10-15min, and we don't get any new missions or modes within the first 3 months of EA. The concept of procedurally generated maps is cool and all but if it's always 2 blocks and the missions always roughly 15min, then some people might find it boring. I'll wait until the 22nd and see how it is first hand, before I judge it myself. I've been waiting since 2008 to play this game, LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
AmperCamper
Community Manager

xxinfurnoxx wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:41 pm Could there possibly be like a 4-6 block type map and or mission (it'd help with bringing 8 players to SDIF) without loosing detail 🤔. This game looks incredible and I want it to succeed 💯. That said I can see people loosing interest in it if all the missions can be completed in 10-15min, and we don't get any new missions or modes within the first 3 months of EA. The concept of procedurally generated maps is cool and all but if it's always 2 blocks and the missions always roughly 15min, then some people might find it boring. I'll wait until the 22nd and see how it is first hand, before I judge it myself. I've been waiting since 2008 to play this game, LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
This is good feedback for us.

While missions can range from the timing you described, this is only true if they're executed perfectly (which is almost impossible given how many variables change between maps). What's more likely to happen is players failing and retrying, increasing the length of time you guys spend in the fireteam mission mode.

We'll be monitoring on June 22!
Jam23

To be honest on that "Failing" point. This game is absolutely incredible. With that being said. my teammates and I (random people) failed every time. We did make some progress on our last game by clearing out a couple buildings and moving slow and methodically and taking 10-15 enemy combatants out. The mission was still a failure though as there was a 15-minute timer that we didn't beat. I am a casual gamer, and this game is pretty fuggin hardcore. I just got home from an 11-hour shift and it would be nice to be able to relax a tiny bit while playing and not got lit up by an enemy from the next building over and die in T-Minus two seconds. Maybe you guys could produce some lobbies where the combatants are either dumbed down by way of less lethal/accuracy of fire or slower to jump your bones when you enter a door. Essentially, different levels of difficulty would be really awesome. There will be days when I can focus hard, bear down and really enjoy the hardcore play, but there are a lot of times where I just want to mess around and not die in ten seconds of play. Also, to be noted... The first three matches I played I died by mortar fire within the first minute and it just pissed me off by the third match. @ampercamper
Doc_Savage

Remove time limits all together, Or give us the option to set our own time limits, the game is hard enough as is, I also thought this game was about moving slowly not having to rush.