Congrats! (And some questions)

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
munchuh

Congrats! (And some questions)

Congrats on the launch date for EA! It's been a long time coming and I've had my eyes on this project for quite some time! Absolutely stoked not only to play but for the team as well.

Given the short distance out on the launch date, I am guessing that date is the next best thing to guaranteed?

I was also curious -- will SDIF be featuring any sort of invasive or atypical DRM, and will playing without a network connection be possible?

I just moved to a new place and the cable needs to be reran, been 3 weeks without networking for that and some other reasons, and it's definitely made me appreciate when developers don't do online only completely or server based DRM which requires connecting from time to time.
munchuh

Re: Congrats! (And some questions)

Bump
AmperCamper
Community Manager

munchuh wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:11 pm I was also curious -- will SDIF be featuring any sort of invasive or atypical DRM, and will playing without a network connection be possible?
No, we do not have any plans for atypical DRM solutions. We want to avoid the troubles these have created for other games.

You will be able to play offline by yourself. However, we need to emphasize that the game is designed to be realistic. Just like real combat, it is very difficult to survive on your own. But, you may at least want to get some practice all by yourself, and this shouldn’t be a problem to do offline.
munchuh

Absolutely adore the consumer friendliness SDIF is going for.

Totally stoked and can't wait to give you folks my money.

Not worried about difficulty, everyone dies eventually, some sooner than others -- NCIS_sunglasses.mp4