Difficulty Level

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
BobTank63

Re: Difficulty Level

While I do think some adjustments could be made, (instant mortar or RPG death is not fun), I don’t think there needs to be multiple difficulty levels. The current level with some improvements teaches the importance of teamwork and tactics rather than just reaction time, and if the devs are focused on an accurate portrayal of the battle, they shouldn’t compromise the difficulty because some people say it’s too hard. The battle itself was difficult, and the game should reflect that.

Besides, making multiple difficulties requires making a choice between coding multiple AI behavior patterns (a very time consuming endeavor) or just adjusting damage from guns as a multiplier (something that isn’t realistic at all).
Necramonium

Once they tweaked the A.I some more it will be less difficult, the A.I still has the tendency to run out of their buildings sometimes straight at you. Sometimes when you peak around the corner there is usually just one standing there, in the middle of the street, looking menacingly.
Topeira

And here are some gameplay MODs that start showing up.

I hope a flood is coming :)
MarcMi

From my point of view they could make it even harder to be even more realistic by increasing the AI intelligence, I saw some of them watching wrong direction althought weapon fire to their position, or not trying to hide.
Although the AI is yet so pertinent (one of the best I saw).

I played only 4 hours and in my last session we won 3 missions, so I would say that if you have the right coordination with your team, if you speak with them, if you keep grouping, if you have the right reflex (covering, support, eyes open, not playing like call of duty gamer :D) it is not so hard.

The first sessions difficulty is one of the elements that make this game so cool.
So my point of view is: do not nerf the difficulty, make it even more realistic <3.
Kean_1

@Ampercamper,

From what I gather, most who are asking for a more forgiving alternative are simply asking for it as an selectable choice. ....a difficulty level that can be switched.

That change can come in many forms with various tweaks without making it a "CoD" twitch-shooter. I don't see that the developer's vision for the game needs to be compromised to accomplish that. It can still retain the realistic elements, etc. Some of those aspects that perhaps could be tweaked as an option might be an extension of mission time, reduction of enemy population, additional respawn, etc. Relatively minor adjustments that can make all the difference for some fans.

I know the game won't cater to everyone and I still vehemently believe it doesn't need to. However, I do see a difficulty level as a perfectly reasonable way to allow tweaks to the gameplay without compromising the experience for those that prefer it the way it is. It could provide more flexibility for developers in finding that ideal gameplay balance.

Personally, I'm on console so I'll have to wait until next year to get my hands on the game. .....but I know already that some in our group will have a harder time with the difficulty and probably won't like being rushed with the timer. Yeah, we're old but still like playing games like this. It would be nice (if we have to) selecting a lower difficulty level and then work our way up (if possible) to higher challenges. Maybe ranks could reflect that? ....better / unique rewards and standings for those playing harder difficulties.
Hagar

Why cant the game have more dificulty options, to make it easyer for people who are not CQB experts or war veterans? All the guys who love the difficulty as is will still be able to play as they like, so what is your problem on making the game more accesible to other people? Its not like you will be forced to play the easyer modes! Why the gatekeeping?

The difficulty is keeping so many people away from the game.
MRTINK

Hagar wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:29 am Why cant the game have more dificulty options, to make it easyer for people who are not CQB experts or war veterans? All the guys who love the difficulty as is will still be able to play as they like, so what is your problem on making the game more accesible to other people? Its not like you will be forced to play the easyer modes! Why the gatekeeping?

Because like all of the other once good games that are now crap, when the devs start catering to a few whiny children that aren't good at any shooter game, the game soon goes to hell. It starts as one little change then another and another. All of a sudden the game is a completely different game. It is meant to be hard. You purchased a hard game. Buyers remorse sucks, but suck it up. You knew what you were getting into when you bought the game.

As far as the difficulty keeping players away, good. I don't want a bunch of cry babies running around complaining about a hard game being hard. Better they just stay away and find something more to their ability.
rdawg420

I definitely don't want it to be easier. Maybe give an easy mode but me and my friends would never use it. We play fubar hard 90% of the time on the og maps and hard on the new ones. The game imo simulates the difficulty in the war in fallujah because there was a good chance you'd end up dying.
rdawg420

MRTINK wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:32 am
Hagar wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:29 am Why cant the game have more dificulty options, to make it easyer for people who are not CQB experts or war veterans? All the guys who love the difficulty as is will still be able to play as they like, so what is your problem on making the game more accesible to other people? Its not like you will be forced to play the easyer modes! Why the gatekeeping?

Because like all of the other once good games that are now crap, when the devs start catering to a few whiny children that aren't good at any shooter game, the game soon goes to hell. It starts as one little change then another and another. All of a sudden the game is a completely different game. It is meant to be hard. You purchased a hard game. Buyers remorse sucks, but suck it up. You knew what you were getting into when you bought the game.

As far as the difficulty keeping players away, good. I don't want a bunch of cry babies running around complaining about a hard game being hard. Better they just stay away and find something more to their ability.
Nice seeing you here, mrtink. Yeah these people need more experience. The game is a hard game but that's what makes the game fun. Can't remember how many times me and my team end up laughing because we all got smoked by a rpg or something crazy happening.