Taking a Leap of Faith With Early Access

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
aggimajera

Taking a Leap of Faith With Early Access

The team at Highwire really seems to care about what they're doing with this game. No one else out there is trying to make a game like yours, and every one of you are placing yourselves in a difficult position in the face of the cancel culture mob. Your game will grow, and out of the woodwork will come those who want to shut you down. At this point, you've proven your commitment.

Its for that reason alone I'm picking up the Early Access game. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this, but early access is absolutely the worst habit that developers have picked up. They take our money early, rest on their laurels, eventually abandon development, and leave us a half-baked product. Time and time again, we have been burned. I've not bought early access in years because of how aggravating it is.

You guys have placed yourselves in the crosshairs, so I'll chance Early Access with you. But for the love of God, please fulfill the promise you're making by rolling it out this way.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Taking a Leap of Faith With Early Access

aggimajera wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:24 am Its for that reason alone I'm picking up the Early Access game. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this, but early access is absolutely the worst habit that developers have picked up. They take our money early, rest on their laurels, eventually abandon development, and leave us a half-baked product. Time and time again, we have been burned. I've not bought early access in years because of how aggravating it is.

You guys have placed yourselves in the crosshairs, so I'll chance Early Access with you. But for the love of God, please fulfill the promise you're making by rolling it out this way.
We absolutely intend to. This is only the first step in making Six Days the game we believe it can be. And, we really do believe in the opportunity EA presents for incorporating feedback.
staropal0972

After seeing various of the veteran playthroughs of this game, and the tasks you guys were able to pull off, I have nothing but the utmost faith in the team. Will definitely buy EA!

Sorry guys if I've been so inactive, but news had been so dry up until now. Great to see you guys again! I will join the Discord once that's live.
hammerfist

aggimajera wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:24 am The team at Highwire really seems to care about what they're doing with this game. No one else out there is trying to make a game like yours, and every one of you are placing yourselves in a difficult position in the face of the cancel culture mob. Your game will grow, and out of the woodwork will come those who want to shut you down. At this point, you've proven your commitment.

Its for that reason alone I'm picking up the Early Access game. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this, but early access is absolutely the worst habit that developers have picked up. They take our money early, rest on their laurels, eventually abandon development, and leave us a half-baked product. Time and time again, we have been burned. I've not bought early access in years because of how aggravating it is.

I agree completely, with everything... but to be fair they did give us a release year (2024), unlike practically every other EA game. So whilst it's in EA, at least they aren't using EA as an excuse to slow down development and delay the final product indefinitely.
evan466

The Six days developers are in a difficult position where a lot is being demanded of them to make this game by various crowds and it will be impossible to placate everyone. Yet they seem very sincere in their desire to not just make an enjoyable game but a thoughtful one at that. Don't know how it will all shape up by the end but they are a small studio attempting a gargantuan task here and yet they seem to be making good and steady progress while engaging and responding to criticism and feedback all while trying to be as open and honest with everyone throughout the development of the game. I really don't know how you could handle all this any better then they have done so far. I am going to support them through paying for early access because to this point I feel like they have earned a little bit of faith. I think these guys care way to much about this story they are telling to do a half-assed job.
SixDaysLuke

Very excited for this. Day One on Early Access for me. I love how the devs respond and change the game with community feedback.

For me, as long as there is a clear road map to launch and they keep us updated of the journey then I’m all for EA.

I don’t have many EA games but World War 3 and Ready or Not just seem like they don’t care so I’m hoping SDIF will be different.

See you all on the battlefield June 22nd!