Early Access Date revealed!

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
optimise

Early Access Date revealed!

June 22nd 2023, super exicted. The trailer also looks awesome. Check it out:
optimise

Re: Early Access Date revealed!

This might also be a good time to ask, do we know what the price will be? Last time I remember it being mentioned on the forum Amper said they haven't decided yet, are there any updates on that with Early Access being less than a month away?
AmperCamper
Community Manager

optimise wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:26 am This might also be a good time to ask, do we know what the price will be? Last time I remember it being mentioned on the forum Amper said they haven't decided yet, are there any updates on that with Early Access being less than a month away?
Thanks for reminding me about this. I've just updated the Early Access FAQ - US$39.99.
SSGPETE27

optimise wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:22 am June 22nd 2023, super exicted. The trailer also looks awesome. Check it out:
As an Army Infantry Veteran of the Battle of AL Fallujah in 2004, I am looking forward to this game. But, on Xbox seriesX. Everything I've seen so far on here is well done. Good work Team.
Last edited by SSGPETE27 on Wed May 31, 2023 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kridath

WHERE IS THE DISCORD!!!!!!!

Amper, with this will Victura be setting up the official discord to have quicker and faster communication while the game is in early access?
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Kridath wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:58 am WHERE IS THE DISCORD!!!!!!!

Amper, with this will Victura be setting up the official discord to have quicker and faster communication while the game is in early access?
Yes, Discord is coming very soon.
Crunchie44

I don't expect a response and while this is great news, I'm fearful "early access" will be a long one, meaning consoles is a long way out. I had hoped for an alpha and beta setup, early access is usually a long time that can be pushed out further. Getting insurgency sandstorm vibes from this, where they claimed it would be on console and it did finally arrive, after more than 2 years. So while today is great news for PC players, I'm fearful for console players, could be well in to 2024 before we see it
Kean_1

SSGPETE27 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:57 am I am looking forward to this game. But, on Xbox seriesX. Everything I've seen so far on here is well done. Good work Team.
Same here but on PS5.

I have to say.... My friends and I are disappointed that the game is in early access with a final, unknown release target for v1 on console. I had the impression SDiF wasn't going the early access route but I will say I understand why some developers do it. I just hope they don't get too comfortable in that state like some do. ......leading to many months or even years before final release of v1 / console.

I will say that I do have more faith in this team than I have for other projects but I remain cautiously hopeful that a console release is on the horizon. Guess we'll have to wait for the timeline before we even get an idea of what that schedule will look like.
Crunchie44

Kean_1 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:56 am
SSGPETE27 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:57 am I am looking forward to this game. But, on Xbox seriesX. Everything I've seen so far on here is well done. Good work Team.
Same here but on PS5.

I have to say.... My friends and I are disappointed that the game is in early access with a final, unknown release target for v1 on console. I had the impression SDiF wasn't going the early access route but I will say I understand why some developers do it. I just hope they don't get too comfortable in that state like some do. ......leading to many months or even years before final release of v1 / console.

I will say that I do have more faith in this team than I have for other projects but I remain cautiously hopeful that a console release is on the horizon. Guess we'll have to wait for the timeline before we even get an idea of what that schedule will look like.
Ya, as soon as I saw early access I knew it was bad news for console players. Sad really.
optimise

Crunchie44 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:54 am I don't expect a response and while this is great news, I'm fearful "early access" will be a long one, meaning consoles is a long way out. I had hoped for an alpha and beta setup, early access is usually a long time that can be pushed out further. Getting insurgency sandstorm vibes from this, where they claimed it would be on console and it did finally arrive, after more than 2 years. So while today is great news for PC players, I'm fearful for console players, could be well in to 2024 before we see it
They have stated that PC and Console versions will be fully released at the same time in the FAQ, so I wouldn't expect anything similar to what happened with Sandstorm haha, plus they also got some builds of the game running on consoles in-studio which is good news for you guys.
What happened with Sandstorm was more of an outlier due to a variety of factors which all came together to result in an insanely delayed console release. NWI was over-ambitious and not experienced with UE when they started to work on that game & the console port itself was not even managed by them, instead being made by a different studio. SDIF appears to take a much better approach as they're building the two versions of the game alongside eachother and have taken concrete steps to making the console release a reality.

- optimise