Early Access Date revealed!

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
BobTank63

Re: Early Access Date revealed!

Kean_1 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:05 pm
BobTank63 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:54 amActually the EA Steam readout says that EA should last 12 months, which puts release sometime summer 2024, if they hold to the schedule.
....and is that an assumed timeframe or something Victura would have dictated?

Sorry, I don't know anything about Steam. I'm an old PC gamer from way back since the early days of PC but switched exclusively to console about 20 years ago. .....man I'm old.
When a game goes into early access Steam has the dev answer a few questions as to the state and roadmap of the game. These answers are then published on the store page. The full quote is "We expect Six Days will be in Early Access a little more than 12 months. Please see our roadmap, which describes additional content we plan to release during Early Access.” This is from the dev team.
BobTank63

Crunchie44 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:12 pm
BobTank63 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:53 am
Crunchie44 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:20 am

As I stated above, insurgency devs made this claim too and players hung onto it, but it still took years to arrive. I tend to take things with a pinch of salt because of reasons like that. That release today has some red flags in it. Basically they need money, that's why it's going early access, not because they are happy with it. And the console delay being sugar coated in the FAQ leaves a sour taste. I guess its previous experiences with early access PC games have also left a sour taste. I have a PC, but friends mostly have consoles so I was eager to experience it with them so I won't partake in this test, well that and like you said, early access in general is rarely successful and I view it as a money grab when any game enters it.

It's just a pity that console players will have to experience it on YouTube first time and by the time they get their hands on, late 2024 early 2025,that exciting shine has long since left
I'm well aware of the issues of EA promises that never pan out. I am also a bit annoyed the devs went this route. That being said, with all the new stuff that other games don't have, such as the block AI and the procedural generation, I understand why they did it. I am also willing to trust the dev team solely because of the glowing reviews the vets who got to try the beta gave to how the dev team responded to feedback. Using EA as a way to gain an implement feedback to build up to full release is how EA is supposed to work, and it's because of those reviews I'm willing to try it.

It is based on those reviews that I'm also willing to say that devs will hold to a simultaneous console/PC full release.
Sadly I've seen this far too many times before. People so badly want the game to be good that they forgive things no matter what and believe in things. I too thought this would be different, but unfortunately, it going down the same road as so many games. Feel free to come back to this late next year when we will no doubt still be waiting. Early access will be a minimum of a year and that's being optimistic. Early 2025 at best would be my guess sadly after todays delay announced
I see no reason that the game will be released early 2025 given the current state of the game and the listed timeline on the store page.
Kridath

Kean_1 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:05 pm
BobTank63 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:54 amActually the EA Steam readout says that EA should last 12 months, which puts release sometime summer 2024, if they hold to the schedule.
....and is that an assumed timeframe or something Victura would have dictated?

Sorry, I don't know anything about Steam. I'm an old PC gamer from way back since the early days of PC but switched exclusively to console about 20 years ago. .....man I'm old.
Steam is the workshop where developers go more in depth with how they portray games to their users. It sounds like Victura is confident in saying that it will take about 1 more year from Early Access for the game to be polished and ready for full release in the 1v.

I’m interested to know what the roadmap has in store due to how much of the game is still left to implement according to the devs.

I would not be mad if the game doesn’t have all aspects of the game in EA, but to slowly roll out certain modes and the obvious hot fixes to test them out with their PC base would be a good test to see how the game could hold up on Console.

Find it had to believe that the team is taking this decision lightly to do a EA just through Steam. However, it could get them over the hurdle and will give them a good idea of how well the game could do on consoles as well.
Kridath

BobTank63 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:14 pm
I see no reason that the game will be released early 2025 given the current state of the game and the listed timeline on the store page.
I am sure the one year timeline will be hard, but I don’t think it will be pushed into 2025 unless there are major setbacks with development.

The way the Devs are makes me confident that they will ensure the game will function as they intend prior to full release but being into 2025 might be a stretch.
Crunchie44

BobTank63 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:53 am

I'm well aware of the issues of EA promises that never pan out. I am also a bit annoyed the devs went this route. That being said, with all the new stuff that other games don't have, such as the block AI and the procedural generation, I understand why they did it. I am also willing to trust the dev team solely because of the glowing reviews the vets who got to try the beta gave to how the dev team responded to feedback. Using EA as a way to gain an implement feedback to build up to full release is how EA is supposed to work, and it's because of those reviews I'm willing to try it.

It is based on those reviews that I'm also willing to say that devs will hold to a simultaneous console/PC full release.
Sadly I've seen this far too many times before. People so badly want the game to be good that they forgive things no matter what and believe in things. I too thought this would be different, but unfortunately, it going down the same road as so many games. Feel free to come back to this late next year when we will no doubt still be waiting. Early access will be a minimum of a year and that's being optimistic. Early 2025 at best would be my guess sadly after todays delay announced
They are releasing a bare bones version to early access because they need funding according to FAQs, that's a worry. This game will be pushed. Overall today is good for PC, terrible for console and worrying for me overall
Kean_1

BobTank63 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:13 pmWhen a game goes into early access Steam has the dev answer a few questions as to the state and roadmap of the game. These answers are then published on the store page. The full quote is "We expect Six Days will be in Early Access a little more than 12 months. Please see our roadmap, which describes additional content we plan to release during Early Access.” This is from the dev team.
Kridath wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:15 pmSteam is the workshop where developers go more in depth with how they portray games to their users. It sounds like Victura is confident in saying that it will take about 1 more year from Early Access for the game to be polished and ready for full release in the 1v.
Got it, thanks. I never really interacted with Steam so I wasn't sure.
BobTank63

Crunchie44 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:22 pm

They are releasing a bare bones version to early access because they need funding according to FAQs, that's a worry. This game will be pushed. Overall today is good for PC, terrible for console and worrying for me overall
I don't really see how the current game state is "bare bones", but agree to disagree.
xxinfurnoxx

I'm so hyped for this game! I'm buying a copy for myself and one, for one of my friends to enjoy. Look forward to playing with y'all!