From an 0311

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
aggimajera

From an 0311

I had been eyeing this game long before I ever joined the Marine Corps back in 2015, before its cancellation in 2009. Ever since, I have talked to any who would listen about the lost game "Six Days in Fallujah" that promised to deliver on a more respectful take on frontline combat. Nearly every single Marine I spoke to about it similarly lamented at the games loss as Operation Phantom Fury is a huge part of our history in Battalion 1/3.

In the Battalion offices of 1/3 there is a wall covered in the portraits of Marines who were killed in that city, with the tags of the fallen posted on an M-16 and Kevlar. Rafael Peralta was a name known by every Marine in the Battalion when I was in. The 2nd Battle of Fallujah is one of those taboo subjects that many are not keen to discuss but in the Marine Corps., the battle is legendary. Many senior leaders serving in the battalion today partook in the battle and served as our link to the battle, humanizing it and taking it out of the history books. Now it is your turn.

I hope you do the entire battle justice, not just the story of the US Marine Corps. I hope you include every single good and poor decision made up high and down low. You cannot paint the heroism of the men who fought there without showing why the battle was so controversial. You team is undoubtedly aware that this is a highly sensitive topic, and I feel most are afraid this recent turning point in our history will be altered for the sake of the consumer. And I feel many are afraid they will see an arching agenda and narrative not based in fact. I hope your team has the fortitude to show modern war in a way most video games are afraid to.

If you succeed, I feel you may change the face of war games forever. I wish you luck.
Lavish4u

Re: From an 0311

Welcome to the community! I'm sure you have some interesting views and points to add which would be super insightful. I hope I see you posting around some more in the community.