Coming to consoles?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Jacob450

Coming to consoles?

Will sdif be coming to consoles? I know I’ve heard it many times that it is but I’ve also heard some people saying they’re not sure it’s going to so I’m curious if us console players can expect to finally get a good door kicker game? Also if it is releasing to consoles should we expect it to release along side pc or at a later date?
BadKarma

Re: Coming to consoles?

It would be nice for the game to come to consoles, I do want to experience Six Days not only on my 2nd floor PC rig but also in the 4k tv living room, documentaries are also mostly seen through TV so it would emulate the experience, so to speak.
Kean_1

It's been discussed in these forums and it's even in their FAQs section that SDiF will release on console. I saw one of the recent videos as well where the presenter had doubts. Not everyone has been as engaged with the community / news / discussions up to this point.

This if from the SDiF FAQs btw:

"We plan to release on current and next-generation consoles from Sony and Microsoft, as well as Windows PC."

Dialogue with AmperCamper has also confirmed this so unless something changes, I still expect it to release on console. As for when, I could swear there was confirmation (expectations) of a "day 1" release on all platforms but I'm not sure.
Khe sanh

Really hope it does otherwise this will just be another tactical shooter I'll have to watch other rather than playing it myself, but it seems like there pretty focused on a console release, if that does happen though I really hope it's just as fun play on both console, and PC.

Also has anybody here played the new Hell let loose update?, haven't felt a disere to play the game in a while, but this new update has me curious if it's worth getting back on for.
Kean_1

Khe sanh wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:23 am Really hope it does otherwise this will just be another tactical shooter I'll have to watch other rather than playing it myself, but it seems like there pretty focused on a console release, if that does happen though I really hope it's just as fun play on both console, and PC.

Also has anybody here played the new Hell let loose update?, haven't felt a disere to play the game in a while, but this new update has me curious if it's worth getting back on for.
I have no reason to doubt it will. It's the only reason I've stuck around here (I'm on PS5).

I tried playing HLL again a couple weeks ago but again, just didn't seem my friends and I could get into it. It's got a steep learning curve, enemies are really hard to see and the long hikes only to die once we get into the action starts to get old. .....and this is coming from someone who actually likes milsim-leaning games.
Khe sanh

On PS5 as well, HLL, and Insurgency are what have kept me entertained while waiting on SDIF, and I can definitely relate to the whole, walking a mile, and then dying on HLL, even though I was having a lot of fun with the game at first that really got tiring after a while, so Insurgency has been what I've been playing.
Kean_1

My friends and I having been bouncing between games lately. We gave up on Sandstrom pretty early. We really liked the co-op but the forced matchmaking absolutely killed it for us. Few times did we ever have enough friends online a one time to fill our team so that meant that empty positions wee filled with "randoms". .....randoms who more often than not would rush objectives, troll fellow players, etc. Not fun at all.

I have to say that I was very relieved when Amper confirmed that SDiF will not force random players into co-op. We will be able to play with just one or two friends if we want to. ......that makes a big difference in my book.
Jacob450

Kean_1 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:08 am I have to say that I was very relieved when Amper confirmed that SDiF will not force random players into co-op. We will be able to play with just one or two friends if we want to. ......that makes a big difference in my book.

Agreed that made me very happy to see as well as i often times end up playing with only a friend or two especially on tactical games.
Jacob450

Kean_1 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:49 am

I have no reason to doubt it will. It's the only reason I've stuck around here (I'm on PS5).

I tried playing HLL again a couple weeks ago but again, just didn't seem my friends and I could get into it. It's got a steep learning curve, enemies are really hard to see and the long hikes only to die once we get into the action starts to get old. .....and this is coming from someone who actually likes milsim-leaning games.

We’ll unfortunately looks like we’re waiting till next year on consoles boys while pc gets early access June 22nd
Kean_1

Jacob450 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:10 amWe’ll unfortunately looks like we’re waiting till next year on consoles boys while pc gets early access June 22nd
....maybe they'll do an early release on XB at some point although that still means those of us on PS would still have to wait.