New gameplay footage reaction

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
BobTank63

New gameplay footage reaction

I haven't posted here in a while, and I was honestly starting to worry that game wasn't coming out. However, the new videos from vet Youtubers expressing their thoughts have brought me back on the hype train. The praise for the mechanics, the enemy AI, and the audio and visual design from people not officially a part of the team was great to hear. Two things that really stood out though. One, hearing the game-testers say that the procedural generation was not a gimmick and actually worked as advertised was great to hear. That was one of my main worries. Two, one of the YouTubers said that the devs instantly responded to their feedback and fixed the issues that they raised. That is HUGE for showing how committed the dev team is to the game. With passionate developers, I'm sure this game will go far.

Overall, great decision to do this outreach. Hope to see more of it in the future.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: New gameplay footage reaction

Thanks for the comments, Bob. We're extremely grateful to have these military influencers participate in this showcase. And, we hope that taking feedback from those who support us most doesn't come as a surprise to you guys here on the forums!
xxinfurnoxx

The game is looking absolutely fantastic, though I couldn't help but notice the lack of blood in the game. Not asking for grotesque amounts, but some splatter & pools around dead wouldn't be a bad thing imo. Also now that this gameplay footage is out there will be the question about a beta/alpha test for the community, and I hope the answer is soon 😆. Can't wait to play this whenever you decide it's time, until then keep up the amazing work 💯💯🤘
HoodRo8s

This game looks so good! You guys are killing it! The HUD elements needs some work tho, other then that. AMAZING!
MrHeadphones

AmperCamper wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:46 pm Thanks for the comments, Bob. We're extremely grateful to have these military influencers participate in this showcase. And, we hope that taking feedback from those who support us most doesn't come as a surprise to you guys here on the forums!
Hi Amper,
love the game development, your feedback and all the new footage released (24/5/2023). One question sprang to mind through whilst I was reviewing the footage, just a small detail which maybe you could 'shed some light' on. When inside buildings, will lights/light switches work/ can they be interacted with or are they purely aesthetic? I know its only a small thing but I saw several wall-mounted light switches (I think) in the gameplay footage and couldn't help but wonder if it might present some tactical side option to quickly make rooms illuminated/darkened etc, especially during (possible) night deployments. I know it might be a bit late in development cycle to think about things like this and perhaps power grids in Fallujah may have been disrupted during the real life invasion, so maybe just something to consider? Would be interested to hear your thoughts. Hope all well anyhow.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

MrHeadphones wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:06 am Hi Amper,
love the game development, your feedback and all the new footage released (24/5/2023). One question sprang to mind through whilst I was reviewing the footage, just a small detail which maybe you could 'shed some light' on. When inside buildings, will lights/light switches work/ can they be interacted with or are they purely aesthetic? I know its only a small thing but I saw several wall-mounted light switches (I think) in the gameplay footage and couldn't help but wonder if it might present some tactical side option to quickly make rooms illuminated/darkened etc, especially during (possible) night deployments. I know it might be a bit late in development cycle to think about things like this and perhaps power grids in Fallujah may have been disrupted during the real life invasion, so maybe just something to consider? Would be interested to hear your thoughts. Hope all well anyhow.
Ha, great pun at the beginning there.

There are electrical cables that flow between houses, but we're not keeping track of how electricity flows through them because most of the power to the city was turned off early in the battle. This means that interior lights are aesthetic (if there are any lights on at all). Interacting with these could be a cool idea, and I'll note that for the team. Thanks!
Kridath

AmperCamper wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:46 pm we hope that taking feedback from those who support us most doesn't come as a surprise to you guys here on the forums!

Amped it definitely shows that the team is taking a lot of feedback into account to make this game work! Hearing this YouTuber validate that the team is doing it is awesome and also super reassuring. Having a dev team that cares about the player feedback is amazing and I believe will help with ensuring this game meets the expectations of everyone. The fact he still can’t pass the first level shows how gritty the game will be and the re-playability of the game itself.

Definitely hyped me up more and gets me excited for the next big step. Especially with how hard the gaming industry has been hit these last few years with game releases.
Kean_1

Kridath wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:04 pm The fact he still can’t pass the first level shows how gritty the game will be and the re-playability of the game itself.
I think this is where co-op will really shine. Getting together with buddies will be a lot of fun. Teamwork, communication and tactics will be critical to success. I love that aspect in these types of games and find it much more satisfying than "run & gun" shooters.
BobTank63

Kridath wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:04 pm The fact he still can’t pass the first level shows how gritty the game will be and the re-playability of the game itself.
I think that's more reflective of how deciding to try and do a CO-OP mission solo is a bad idea :lol:

Still, the focus on teamwork is something that I Iike.