Response to "Military Veterans Play Six Days"

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
aggimajera

Response to "Military Veterans Play Six Days"

You guys finally got to get us some fresh insight on the game from some extremely well-liked sources. All three of these channels are competently chosen to have given us our first extensive look at your project. It was a long time coming, and I'm super stoked you have these guys out there spreading the word. The best part to me what hearing DDG repeat what many of us here knew already - you guys care.

To hear that from a guy who fought in the Iraq War must mean a ton. Congratulations.
Kean_1

Re: Response to "Military Veterans Play Six Days"

Yeah, I'll be watching these videos in the next couple hours. Interested to hear DDGs input as well. He's struggled with issues from his time in the service and as I recall (from one of his videos from a while back), he felt these games to be therapeutic.

This is a long time coming so I can't wait to watch.
Neptune3000

Really cool, i was really waiting for new footage of the game. Just then we will see gameplay with AI teammates? And as i understand all three youtubers were playing on PC, so i would really appreciate if somebody would try to play it on console.

But you have done great job, thank you
Crunchie44

Ya I understand why the PC brigade get early access, but I'd like to hear from amper if the plan is still to release on console day1 with PC,as I'm getting this feeling that we will be told console is delayed
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Thanks for the comments, gang. We were very intentional about sharing this pre-release version with military veterans. We couldn't think of anyone better to showcase what it's like to play Six Days with the world.

And to you folks in our community, thanks for being so patient with us. We're gearing up with more details soon.
BadKarma

All of these are great Amper, it became really really exciting to see what the team can deliver in the 1.0 version, one detail I might add, and possibly for the tracers to be improved, the M855 Green Tip fired out of these weapon systems had a red trail, and I believe they could bounce off surfaces and other structures, could that level of detail be replicated in Six Days?

On a side note, and according to the ones who played it, it's great that the game can be hard and challenging, Fallujah was no joke when it came to overcoming challenges.
Jeza

Love the fact DDG spent a good 200 tries trying to beat the level. Keeping it hard and challenging keeps it authentic as well. Look forward to seeing how the friendly AI has evolved in the future, great work thus far!
TacticalJunkie

AmperCamper wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:25 am Thanks for the comments, gang. We were very intentional about sharing this pre-release version with military veterans. We couldn't think of anyone better to showcase what it's like to play Six Days with the world.

And to you folks in our community, thanks for being so patient with us. We're gearing up with more details soon.
Amper! The game footage showcased is VERY promising. I love what you guys have done so far! The 3rd person animations need more polishing, and I would suggest making that injured notification less intrusive. Looking forward to getting my hands on this game particularly the singleplayer documentary experience.

Bravo to the team!

Also edit: If you need a moderator for a future discord server consider hitting me up!
I have experience in moderating a server, talk to the youtuber Duerag if you want to verify with him (I'm hoping to get more experience in general because of the career choice I'm hoping to pursue!)
krzy

To say I'm impressed would be an understatement, because after seeing these vids I'm hyped as never before!

There's just so many little things that are great: the UI (way better than what we've seen in previous sneak peeks - the little vest as equipment indicator is such a great idea), the sounds, the sights (over the bore "shotgun" aiming, ACOG that's not zooming whole screen like in many games), particle effects, lighting, "physicality" of using equipment (turning on the light, using radio), the debrief screen (reprimand for friendly fire is hilarious, and seriously useful at the same time - there won't be any arguments about who messed up).

And the important things like AI and gameplay look also great.

Naturally, there are few things I could gladly see improved, but damn - even in my wildest dreams I haven't expected game to be that good! It really looks like a perfect bridge between SWAT/RoN, and more "outdoorsy" games like Arma or the old Delta Force (reminds me DF:BHD, but "serious").

As someone who has a great interest in the Iraq War, I'm really blown away!
Kridath

AmperCamper wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:25 am And to you folks in our community, thanks for being so patient with us. We're gearing up with more details soon.
Are you able to elaborate on that or are you going to leave us to our own devises????