My Own Animation

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
aggimajera

My Own Animation

News is pretty dead lately. Figured what the hell, show you guys my cartoon. I made this rough animation for school last year, had only a few months to make it from scratch. Its about a buddy pair crossing a danger zone and encountering a fatal funnel. Figured this was an appropriate place to show it.

Its not the greatest animation I've made, but its a good foundation for further development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYR0cbc ... nnel=JoeA.
Kean_1

Re: My Own Animation

That's pretty cool. I wish I had an artistic side to create such things but I've always been more technical.
Azariel

That's fantastic work! As a fellow artist, very clean and smooth, keep it up!
aggimajera

Kean_1 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:52 am That's pretty cool. I wish I had an artistic side to create such things but I've always been more technical.
Nothing wrong with technical. Some of the coolest things I've seen have been made by people who specialize in coding and mathematics. They got something in their brains that puts them on another level.
aggimajera

Azariel wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:56 am That's fantastic work! As a fellow artist, very clean and smooth, keep it up!
I got more on there too, more stuff that deals in combat but usually from a Russian perspective. I know the war happening right now made them unpopular, but my appreciation for their perspective is too strong XD

You have a channel? I'd love to see your work!
AmperCamper
Community Manager

This was super rad to see. I'm getting some ideas about incorporating sections dedicated to community content for our Discord server, too.

Thanks for sharing this!
aggimajera

AmperCamper wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:05 am This was super rad to see. I'm getting some ideas about incorporating sections dedicated to community content for our Discord server, too.

Thanks for sharing this!
Glad my cartoon was of service in some way! Thank you for watching it!
BadKarma

I knew a guy during Highschool that loved doing Yoji Shinkawa style drawings (Metal Gear concept art) he was a huge fan of him back in the day, I still remember he was hyped for SDIF in 2009 after finishing MGS4 and was eager to draw a squad of Marines in that style to show appreciation for Six Days.

Sadly due to life circumstances I eventually lost contact with him, and I'm not as great regarding drawing something, so kudos to both Aggi and my ex-schoolmate, talented as hell.
aggimajera

BadKarma wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:07 am I knew a guy during Highschool that loved doing Yoji Shinkawa style drawings (Metal Gear concept art) he was a huge fan of him back in the day, I still remember he was hyped for SDIF in 2009 after finishing MGS4 and was eager to draw a squad of Marines in that style to show appreciation for Six Days.

Sadly due to life circumstances I eventually lost contact with him, and I'm not as great regarding drawing something, so kudos to both Aggi and my ex-schoolmate, talented as hell.
Yoji Shinkawa is one of my favorite artists. I try to emulate him, and Genndy Tartakovsky.
Sorry you lost contact with that guy, and thanks for the compliment. Like I said, this work wasn't my best, but I'm still glad you watched :)
optimise

AmperCamper wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:05 am This was super rad to see. I'm getting some ideas about incorporating sections dedicated to community content for our Discord server, too.

Thanks for sharing this!
Is there a discord server now, or is that just a plan for the future? Would love to join it and I feel like it'd be very beneficial for you guys too in terms of feedback and helping people keep up with the news regarding SDIF.

- optimise