To Devteam

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Guardian01

To Devteam

Hey,

I'm stoked for this game. I must admit I was disappointed by the latest missed release window, but I get it. In regards to game dev are a lot of you industry vets? What types of video game projects have you worked on?

S'more questions:

Are any of you veterans? That's pertinent to the 'realism' factor of the game, plus tyfys. You must have a lot of military consultants that're helping you.

Second,

You guys haven't scrapped the project right?

Last,

Realism:
What is the max effective engagement range? Will there be wind, bullet drop, weapon malfunctions?

How big does the map procedurally generate? Are we talking GTA V size, ARMA, Valhalla? Or is that OPSEC...

Thank you.

G01 out
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: To Devteam

G01, welcome to the forums and thanks for posting!
Guardian01 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:34 am In regards to game dev are a lot of you industry vets? What types of video game projects have you worked on?
Many of the people who co-invented the original Halo and Destiny games are working on Six Days. We have newer faces on the team too (with roots from popular IPs like Ghost Recon and R6), and our roster of talent continues to surprise me daily.
Guardian01 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:34 am Second,

You guys haven't scrapped the project right?
Absolutely not. We're still in active development, and we've just kicked off a series of developer logs to keep you folks updated on what we're working on.
Guardian01 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:34 am Realism:
What is the max effective engagement range? Will there be wind, bullet drop, weapon malfunctions?

How big does the map procedurally generate? Are we talking GTA V size, ARMA, Valhalla? Or is that OPSEC...
While there may be some opportunities to engage at longer distances, most of our combat is CQB. Bullet drop won't be as prevalent as bullet penetration, for example. Malfunctions have been discussed before, and we've taken some notes on this (this isn't a confirmation, but know it's been shared with the team).

As for map sizes, I'll share my reply from a previous thread: we're very focused on recreating a high level of detail inside small areas (AO being roughly the size of 1-2 large city blocks), rather than a smaller amount of detail across a big area. With that being said, we plan to expand our fireteam sizes up from four-players over time, and so there could be some larger landscapes too.