DISCORD

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Kridath

DISCORD

I know there is no official Discord for SDiF yet...

However, is there a plan, Amper, for the development team to create an official Discord soon? It would be easier for members of the community to start building relations with each other through discord. Sorta like how GHPC does it.

It would be nice to connect with members of the community through discord rather than on the forums.

If there is a plan in sight is there a timeline that is able to be discussed of shared on when this will happen?

Just curious as it seems that Discord is the largest online community for basically everything including gaming outside of a dedicated streaming service.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: DISCORD

Hey Krid,

Yes, Discord is still absolutely planned. I don't think it's fair to offer a timeline and not meet it (as we've seen before), but know I've been working on this personally behind the scenes.

If there's anything you guys feel should absolutely be included in the server (channels, specific roles, etc), please do let us know.
Kridath

Re: DISCORD

AmperCamper wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:19 am Hey Krid,

Yes, Discord is still absolutely planned. I don't think it's fair to offer a timeline and not meet it (as we've seen before), but know I've been working on this personally behind the scenes.

If there's anything you guys feel should absolutely be included in the server (channels, specific roles, etc), please do let us know.
Amper its hard to make suggestions for channels and roles without knowing what you already have.

For text channels, there should definitely be genera, suggestions, help ticket, maybe a roadmap for the developers to give updates on what thye are working on?, in-game photography: for those to post photos of what they see and to show off either cool photos or funny glitches that happen, maybe a meet the staff section for those who are on the discord to introduce themselves and tell the community what their role is, rules (obviously). This is just to name a few that I would personally like to see in the discord.

For voice channels: CO-OP VC, for those if there is co-op for people to team up to play the game with each other. General/lounge VC for people to talk about the game and hangout. AND something that I think would be pretty cool to add: There is a way to create temporary VC's and that would be an awesome feature to add if you can figure out how to add it.

Obviously this is just a touch of some ideas that I have.