Character MOS

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
c_mill40

Character MOS

Will we be able to choose our MOS and role in the squad, or will it be assigned to us?
I think it would be a cool concept to be an 0331 on top of a humvee or an 0317, based off of gameplay footage its obvious that we will have the option/chance to play as an 0311 at least once but it would be cool to play with different weapon systems and MOS's.
Blade0351

Re: Character MOS

It would be cool to do something like this. I would love the chance to be an 0351 and blast buildings with the SMAW. In fact, as a former marginalized and now non-existent MOS, I demand more representation for my MOS in this game. That is all. 😁
Ste91

excuse my ignorance, what is a mos?
GhostLeader

I found this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... ation_code

"A United States military occupation code, or a military occupational specialty code (MOS code), is a nine-character code used in the United States Army and United States Marine Corps to identify a specific job. In the United States Air Force, a system of Air Force Specialty Codes (AFSC) is used. In the United States Navy, a system of naval ratings and designators are used along with the Navy Enlisted Classification (NEC) system. A system of ratings is also used in the United States Coast Guard.

Since an individual can obtain multiple job specialties, a duty military occupational specialty (DMOS) is used to identify what their primary job function is at any given time. An individual must complete and pass all required training for their military occupational specialty qualification (MOSQ)."
aggimajera

Ste91 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:32 am excuse my ignorance, what is a mos?
Military Occupational Specialty - fancy phrase for a job.

Most common ones you’ll probably hear in this game are 0311 (Rifleman, Yut), 0331 (machinegunner), 0341 (mortarman), and 0351 (assaultman).