Mortar teams and murder holes

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Enthusiast

Mortar teams and murder holes

Alright so it's been awhile since I've shared a video or posted something on here, or just even asked some questions, mainly been signing in to just see if there's any new info, but this video caught my eye.

So the footage shows Marines engaging buildings with mortars, machines guns, MK19 grenade Launchers, and other weapons, It then goes onto to show them finding a weapons cache in a school, as well as a family still in the city, but in the beginning it also shows a Marine using a Halligan tool to create a murder hole something I wonder if we'll be able to do in the game, but I doubt being able to use mortars against insurgents.

If I remember correctly Amper once said we won't be able call in mortars on enemy positions as it would almost always be danger close, not sure if this could be subject to change, but what I'm suggesting is you yourself utilizing a mortar launcher instead of having other Marines do it for you.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Mortar teams and murder holes

Enthusiast wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:29 pm If I remember correctly Amper once said we won't be able call in mortars on enemy positions as it would almost always be danger close, not sure if this could be subject to change, but what I'm suggesting is you yourself utilizing a mortar launcher instead of having other Marines do it for you.
Yes, this is still correct. The same "rule" still applies, regardless of who's firing them. The video shared is unavailable on my end, but I'll send it to the team if you can grab another for us!
ZenTakJack

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:36 am
Enthusiast wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:29 pm If I remember correctly Amper once said we won't be able call in mortars on enemy positions as it would almost always be danger close, not sure if this could be subject to change, but what I'm suggesting is you yourself utilizing a mortar launcher instead of having other Marines do it for you.
Yes, this is still correct. The same "rule" still applies, regardless of who's firing them. The video shared is unavailable on my end, but I'll send it to the team if you can grab another for us!

Actually you can right-click the video window and copy the video's url and then open it in a browser directly. It seems that youtube flags certain videos so that you can't view them from a external webpage or site attachment.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

ZenTakJack wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:10 am Actually you can right-click the video window and copy the video's url and then open it in a browser directly. It seems that youtube flags certain videos so that you can't view them from a external webpage or site attachment.
Got it, thanks Zen!