Next SITREP?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Kean_1

Re: Next SITREP?

I'm sure they are being vague with these time frames for good reason. They may simply not know if all of what they want to reveal will all be ready to go by the target dates. Again, I don't see a hint of duplicity in their failure to provide more concrete dates, details, etc. (...and I'm not saying anyone here implied that). I take it that a lot of that stuff just isn't nailed down yet and they don't want to promise something they can't deliver, etc.

None of us are privy to what drives all of these business decisions and I wouldn't expect to be. ....but I suspect that they are just as excited to provide us more details, etc. just as soon as they are ready to.

Yeah, I want more details, same as others. Hell, I'm not even quite sure if SDiF will be the tactical shooter that I imagine (hope) it will be. ....but IMO / IME, some vagueness is better than radio silence. Amper is still engaging with us by answering questions regarding content, passing along feedback, etc. and so far, I'm still as interested as I was initially. Im also not naive, as I understand that sentiment could change depending on what I end up finding out about the game (crossing my fingers that doesn't happen).

In the meantime, I simply follow them on Twitter and pop in here each day to see is there is any news. I do hope they have something by next week or early March as they expected.
Blade0351

Yeah I don't mean to sound like an ass but based on the recent trend of them saying they'll release info at one time and then not doing that until a month or so later, I have no confidence that we'll get any news even in March. I would love to be proven wrong in this. Also, the last SITREP was supposed to be on something way different then what it ended up being and I don't remember what reason they gave for not following through what they told us it would be about.

There's nothing really of substance to talk about now other than the constant delays and lack of communication. Again, Amper we thank you for all you do and understand that you're mostly a middle man. So don't take anything personally. And we get the team is small. But damn we got like 10 mins of awesome footage 2 years ago and nothing remotely close to that since then. And I think it's a mistake since y'all were so good about changing things the community pointed out when the first gameplay dropped. If something is posted now and the community suggest changes, it'll just delay things longer should the team chose to implement some of the changes suggested.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

As always, thanks for sending your frustrations forward. I was speaking with our leadership just yesterday about the call for more content, and Peter definitely agrees.
Blade0351 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:21 pm Yeah I don't mean to sound like an ass but based on the recent trend of them saying they'll release info at one time and then not doing that until a month or so later, I have no confidence that we'll get any news even in March. I would love to be proven wrong in this. Also, the last SITREP was supposed to be on something way different then what it ended up being and I don't remember what reason they gave for not following through what they told us it would be about.
No hard feelings here. I do want to stress how dynamic game development can be, especially for a smaller team. Things are moving faster and more consistently than you think, and we shifted gears for our last SITREP to pave the road for what's coming down the line.

As for the next batch of news, I shared here that it wouldn't be in the form of a traditional SITREP. After speaking with Peter (and seeing all of the community comments here), we're now planning for another diary to release at the end of next week. We've demonstrated very direct entry into houses so far, and we want to remind everyone that there are alternative means and methods of house-clearing. While timing and content are always subject to change, we hope this gives everyone some more content to chew on. Of course, you guys can expect more gameplay.
BadKarma

While I do understand the frustration with you guys, my impatience has not kicked in yet, it probably would if 3 or three half years have passed and the game still didn't came out yet, as I think that is a more fair and realistic release time frame, especially when talking about a small team of +55 and increasing devs.