Next SITREP?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
jonas

Next SITREP?

Looking for word on the next SITREP.
Blade0351

Re: Next SITREP?

jonas wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:26 pm Looking for word on the next SITREP.
New this question would be popping up again, lol. Amper, really hoping y'all are going to start dropping WAY more info soon.
aggimajera

Yeah, even Enthusiast dropped off XD

Seriously though - no one wants this product to be rushed. My excitement of this game in undying - its one of the very few projects in development that I feel genuine excitement for. But its understandable; we're 2 years past the announcement with no release time frame in sight. People simply want information. But you guys are running a business, and are doing what needs to be done to get your product out the door.

Ampers answers to multiple inquiries are always appreciated... but you can only read "will pass to the team" or "will discuss in depth later" before those answers begin to feel redundant. To this point, its rare see the follow up or result to those statements. Game development is a bitch and a half, and no one here would downplay the intensity of the task at hand. No one is saying a bad job is being done, we'd just like info on the job being done.

I feel I speak for many when I say at this point I am just kicking back on the info train - word comes when word comes. At least its not like before the announcement of the game, when we weren't even sure it existed.
Enthusiast

Can definitely relate with the "undying" excitement part, if that wasn't the case I would never have posted as often as I did, with that being said though, like many others I'm starting to grow frustrated with the lack of info, I remember Staro once said how he didn't understand what could take so long for a single SITREP, and I feel the same way.

I appreciate all the hard work that's gone into this project, but we've gone 2 years without a solid realese date or any big update, I often see people online just thinking development has stopped entirely, and I can't blame them for that when there hasn't been anything big for so long, this latest SITREP has proved that there needs to be more frequent updates, the amount of videos titled "WE FINALLY HAVE MORE GAMEPLAY OF SIX DAYS IN FALLUJAH", should be a pretty good indicator of this, hoping February we'll have more in store for us.
LimeyBonesJones

Waiting very eagerly, this game looks extremely promising.
Enthusiast

LimeyBonesJones wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:16 pm Waiting very eagerly, this game looks extremely promising.
Same here man, just hope the wait pays off.
munchuh

Enthusiast wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:13 pm Can definitely relate with the "undying" excitement part, if that wasn't the case I would never have posted as often as I did, with that being said though, like many others I'm starting to grow frustrated with the lack of info, I remember Staro once said how he didn't understand what could take so long for a single SITREP, and I feel the same way.

I appreciate all the hard work that's gone into this project, but we've gone 2 years without a solid realese date or any big update, I often see people online just thinking development has stopped entirely, and I can't blame them for that when there hasn't been anything big for so long, this latest SITREP has proved that there needs to be more frequent updates, the amount of videos titled "WE FINALLY HAVE MORE GAMEPLAY OF SIX DAYS IN FALLUJAH", should be a pretty good indicator of this, hoping February we'll have more in store for us.
Definitely feeling the same, here. Had been logging in every day or two, for a long time, and finally made an account just a month or two ago.

At this point, I'm just doing other things and looking at other games being made at the moment, and playing a bit of Insurgency Sandstorm to scratch the itch, as there's really a problem with the amount of information being put out.

Surely there's a lot more to share, I work in Software Engineering and I can surely hope there's at least some things of interest to share in a month, hell -- even 15 days of dev time. Especially if the release is supposed to be this year, you'd think they'd have tons to share...since the game is closer to being finished.

Around 2 years of SITREPs and we have approximately 2 minutes of footage or less.
munchuh

aggimajera wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:12 pm Yeah, even Enthusiast dropped off XD

Seriously though - no one wants this product to be rushed. My excitement of this game in undying - its one of the very few projects in development that I feel genuine excitement for. But its understandable; we're 2 years past the announcement with no release time frame in sight. People simply want information. But you guys are running a business, and are doing what needs to be done to get your product out the door.

Ampers answers to multiple inquiries are always appreciated... but you can only read "will pass to the team" or "will discuss in depth later" before those answers begin to feel redundant. To this point, its rare see the follow up or result to those statements. Game development is a bitch and a half, and no one here would downplay the intensity of the task at hand. No one is saying a bad job is being done, we'd just like info on the job being done.

I feel I speak for many when I say at this point I am just kicking back on the info train - word comes when word comes. At least its not like before the announcement of the game, when we weren't even sure it existed.
Well put.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Thanks for voicing your concerns, guys.

I can assure you that, unlike Ubisoft (which has now cancelled 7 mega-game projects during just the last 6 months) and many of the industry’s other biggest, and best-resourced companies who also have been cancelling many development projects less publicly, our team of 55+ people is still working diligently to build an experience with both the authenticity and sustainability to stand the test of time. We understand the frustration with the long delays, and we especially appreciate those of you who have expressed a willingness to stand by for as long as you have as the game takes shape.

We are targeting late February for our next release of information. Of course, it’s possible we could be off by a little bit, but that’s roughly when we plan to reveal a LOT more info.
Blade0351

AmperCamper wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:32 am Thanks for voicing your concerns, guys.

I can assure you that, unlike Ubisoft (which has now cancelled 7 mega-game projects during just the last 6 months) and many of the industry’s other biggest, and best-resourced companies who also have been cancelling many development projects less publicly, our team of 55+ people is still working diligently to build an experience with both the authenticity and sustainability to stand the test of time. We understand the frustration with the long delays, and we especially appreciate those of you who have expressed a willingness to stand by for as long as you have as the game takes shape.

We are targeting late February for our next release of information. Of course, it’s possible we could be off by a little bit, but that’s roughly when we plan to reveal a LOT more info.
Late February reads more like "Mid-March" to me at this point and a "LOT" of info reads like 15+ seconds of gameplay and maybe some screenshots. Hoping to be proved wrong and not trying to sound harsh but since you guys do appear to value honest feedback, there it is.

And again, Amper I want to stress that I think we all know that you are only the middle man and doing what you can for us. So understand our frustration isn't with you. Maybe call up Pete and have him drop the next update. I think that would go a long way.