PvP?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
BobTank63

Re: PvP?

Pls no PvP. Stick with making the CO-OP good.
Dague

PvP should NOT become a part of this game. The point of this game is to tell a story and it becomes hard to defend the game when you have players playing as AQI and killing coalition forces.
Kean_1

Dague wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:17 am ......and it becomes hard to defend the game when you have players playing as AQI and killing coalition forces.
Victura has already stated that players will never have the option to fight as insurgents but that doesn't mean PvP mode has to pit insurgents against coalition forces which was discussed earlier in this thread.

I already mentioned it but personally, I'm most looking forward to the co-op mode in this game and I hope that is where they concentrate most of their efforts before and especially after launch as new features are introduced, etc.
Kridath

Dague wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:17 am PvP should NOT become a part of this game. The point of this game is to tell a story and it becomes hard to defend the game when you have players playing as AQI and killing coalition forces.
Dague, what do you think about PvP in the aspect of clearing houses more efficiently and completing objectives at better rate than the other squad? There are many different forms of PvP that are out there but when you use PvP everyone thinks of going head to head against each other now. Like how on CoD World at War there was PvP co-op on the single player where you would compete to see who got a higher score at the end of a mission.
Dague

Kean_1 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:21 am
Dague wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:17 am ......and it becomes hard to defend the game when you have players playing as AQI and killing coalition forces.
Victura has already stated that players will never have the option to fight as insurgents but that doesn't mean PvP mode has to pit insurgents against coalition forces which was discussed earlier in this thread.

I already mentioned it but personally, I'm most looking forward to the co-op mode in this game and I hope that is where they concentrate most of their efforts before and especially after launch as new features are introduced, etc.
Doesnt matter because PvP isn't even planned at this time. It will not be coming to this game.
Dague

Kridath wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:44 am
Dague wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:17 am PvP should NOT become a part of this game. The point of this game is to tell a story and it becomes hard to defend the game when you have players playing as AQI and killing coalition forces.
Dague, what do you think about PvP in the aspect of clearing houses more efficiently and completing objectives at better rate than the other squad? There are many different forms of PvP that are out there but when you use PvP everyone thinks of going head to head against each other now. Like how on CoD World at War there was PvP co-op on the single player where you would compete to see who got a higher score at the end of a mission.
Although I get what you are saying, PvP in my head means players actively combating other players. That being said, I get what you are saying but that still seems more coop. I guess we will have to wait and see because the current player limit for the game is set to 4-player CO-OP with plans to expand in the future. The only thing I could see being a thing is like a defensive game mode on who can hold of more insurgent attacks. However, you run the risk of trivializing the experiences of the people who were there by making this game competitive.
optimise

BobTank63 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:43 am Pls no PvP. Stick with making the CO-OP good.
Or they could just make the co-op good alongside adding PvP, the two don't cancel eachother out.
At the end of the day PvP would take a lot less effort than mastering the AI, and if done properly would also offer a much better experience for players who prefer it like myself, going up against bots can never stack up to actually fighting real players.

- optimise
Dague

optimise wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:29 am
BobTank63 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:43 am Pls no PvP. Stick with making the CO-OP good.
Or they could just make the co-op good alongside adding PvP, the two don't cancel eachother out.
At the end of the day PvP would take a lot less effort than mastering the AI, and if done properly would also offer a much better experience for players who prefer it like myself, going up against bots can never stack up to actually fighting real players.

- optimise
PvP is not coming to the game. Confirmed by the devs. Enemy AI has been mastered at this point.
xxinfurnoxx

ClayTatum wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:51 pm Will this game include any form of PvP? I know it’s not quite the thing you guys are going for here, but I think the market is super lacking on quality small scale military PvP with a focus on gunplay and tactics over kill streaks and special crap.
Just curious.
Thanks!
Clay
IIRC the devs have stated that PVP would not be a option in SDIF, the game suffered from a major controversy ("glorifying war crimes") back in 2009 (I believe) & was canceled because of it. ATM this game is seeing the light of day, but if they add PVP (before launch) it could spark a issue into the news, with "glorifying terrorists". Even though many upon many of games have you playing as insurgents, (insurgency sandstorm) some how people will find PVP in SDIF grossly offensive 🙄. I would love to see some sort of PVP but tbh my hopes are very slim. AmperCamper may be able to shed more light on this.
Dague

xxinfurnoxx wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:17 am
ClayTatum wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:51 pm Will this game include any form of PvP? I know it’s not quite the thing you guys are going for here, but I think the market is super lacking on quality small scale military PvP with a focus on gunplay and tactics over kill streaks and special crap.
Just curious.
Thanks!
Clay
IIRC the devs have stated that PVP would not be a option in SDIF, the game suffered from a major controversy ("glorifying war crimes") back in 2009 (I believe) & was canceled because of it. ATM this game is seeing the light of day, but if they add PVP (before launch) it could spark a issue into the news, with "glorifying terrorists". Even though many upon many of games have you playing as insurgents, (insurgency sandstorm) some how people will find PVP in SDIF grossly offensive 🙄. I would love to see some sort of PVP but tbh my hopes are very slim. AmperCamper may be able to shed more light on this.
I followed this game during its original development. The game was certainly canceled because of a ton of issues. Some of which are being used against the current game. With the factions all being real in the game including AQI, I doubt PvP will ever see the light of day for this game. The main argument back in 2009 was "Trivializing the real lives of Military Personnel and Civilians who perished." If I recall, a gold star family who lost their son during the battle said "My son died and doesn't get to respawn and come back to life."

The main point of this game is to tell the story of the Marines/Soldiers/Civilians who experienced the Battle of Fallujah. You get close if not grossly cross the line of the main objective of this game by making it a PvP. I do not think that this is the game that is appropriate to do a PvP for. Other games exist in the MILSIM category to fulfill this.

That being said, as someone who has knowledge of how these things work, with the procedurally generated city blocks, it would be super difficult to even have the PvP work in a way that would be meaningful. PvP generally takes into account spawns, objectives, balancing of the map, etc. The procedural generation of infrastructure would make it difficult to have spawns work without being glitched under a building or having it so one team isn't given all the advantage of good cover, buildings, etc, and destroy the other team.

TLDR: Not only is there no PvP planned, but I am strongly against it and I think it would potentially throw the launch of this game into question due to increased media scrutiny. Also potentially not even possible given how the game works.