PvP?

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
ClayTatum

PvP?

Will this game include any form of PvP? I know it’s not quite the thing you guys are going for here, but I think the market is super lacking on quality small scale military PvP with a focus on gunplay and tactics over kill streaks and special crap.
Just curious.
Thanks!
Clay
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: PvP?

Welcome to the forums, Clay!

We're very focused on our single-player narrative campaign alongside our cooperative multiplayer modes. There have been quite a few community discussions here on the forums regarding PVP, but we don't have anything to share on adversarial multiplayer right now.
Kean_1

ClayTatum wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:51 pm Will this game include any form of PvP? I know it’s not quite the thing you guys are going for here, but I think the market is super lacking on quality small scale military PvP with a focus on gunplay and tactics over kill streaks and special crap.
Just curious.
Thanks!
Clay
It's funny... Ubisoft's Ghost Recon Ghost War (the one tied to Wildlands) could have dominated that segment. .....but they decided to adopt CoD mechanics, focus on classes with special, sci-fi abilities, increase the TTK, introduce classes with varying types of drones, etc. The gameplay became more about tech / counter-tech and spotting than small unit tactics and gunplay.

Ghost War 2 was 10x worse as they made changes to encourage a faster pace, etc.

I wouldn't be opposed to a PvP mode in SDiF but I'm glad they are focusing on SP and co-op. .....the latter really being what I am most interested in as I have friends who I play with who really enjoy this feature in games and authentic, tactical gameplay.
ClayTatum

AmperCamper wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:35 am Welcome to the forums, Clay!

We're very focused on our single-player narrative campaign alongside our cooperative multiplayer modes. There have been quite a few community discussions here on the forums regarding PVP, but we don't have anything to share on adversarial multiplayer right now.
I totally understand and respect that. One of my best buddies is a Marine who was a part Fallujah and he turned me onto this game. So I very much understand.
But I do hope you guys consider it. Even if it’s mostly stopped down 4v4, if the gunplay is good it could be a much needed breath of fresh air in that world, and maybe set a new standard. You would definitely draw in old players of Ghost Recon.
Regardless, look forward to the game!
ClayTatum

Kean_1 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:29 am
ClayTatum wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:51 pm Will this game include any form of PvP? I know it’s not quite the thing you guys are going for here, but I think the market is super lacking on quality small scale military PvP with a focus on gunplay and tactics over kill streaks and special crap.
Just curious.
Thanks!
Clay
It's funny... Ubisoft's Ghost Recon Ghost War (the one tied to Wildlands) could have dominated that segment. .....but they decided to adopt CoD mechanics, focus on classes with special, sci-fi abilities, increase the TTK, introduce classes with varying types of drones, etc. The gameplay became more about tech / counter-tech and spotting than small unit tactics and gunplay.

Ghost War 2 was 10x worse as they made changes to encourage a faster pace, etc.

I wouldn't be opposed to a PvP mode in SDiF but I'm glad they are focusing on SP and co-op. .....the latter really being what I am most interested in as I have friends who I play with who really enjoy this feature in games and authentic, tactical gameplay.
I’m fine with it too, and I’m excited about that as well. In a perfect word they could work on it after release or something. But I’ll still play either way.

Everything you said about GR is dead accurate though. Wildlands PvP was solid, but they totally crapped the bed with Breakpoint. The PvP is horrid, and nothing new in sight. Nothing but these same stupid Battle Royale games with people paying money for fancy clothes and gun paint. I just want a realistic fairly straight forward tactical PvP again. Most of what’s out on console now is horrible in that department, in my opinion.
defiled669

would like to see a tactical base pvp on your maps that constantly change, that would be revolutionary in a pvp game. big map two team 4 five man squads. no Iraq vs us just us soldiers vs us soldiers so no more bs about iraq murder game. but the idea of a realistic combat game with a map that's never the same sounds like a pvp game that has a ton of replayability. if not for this game, maybe something you guys could invest into a game in the future. that being said, when will we get news on release date. cant wait tio play this on my series x with my friends. and is there any play test we can sign up for would love to help out. and the guy that mentioned ghost recon. well ever since that gay ceo took over the tom clancy franchise has been dumbed down and ruined the ghost recon name. i mean think about it. if either ghost recon wildlands, and break point just need 1 thing 1st person. that would bring those games back to life. i think wildlands has a 1st person mod played more than breakpoint
Kean_1

defiled669 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:20 ami mean think about it. if either ghost recon wildlands, and break point just need 1 thing 1st person. that would bring those games back to life. i think wildlands has a 1st person mod played more than breakpoint
Breakpoint needed a lot more than just one thing. It flopped hard when it was released and it wasn't because it didn't include FPP (first person perspective).

I would also disagree that FPP is what the Ghost Recon franchise needs. In fact, I'd argue that is precisely at the heart of the problem with Ubisoft, GR and even the Tom Clancy IP. The decisions they've made to distance themselves from key features / characteristics of their franchises.

GR had come to be known as being a 3rd person, military, tactical shooter. Drifting away from the core formula that defines GR has left most fans frustrated and their latest GR iteration an expensive failure.

As for SDiF, I'm not against a PvP mode but I respect the team for sticking with their vision of creating the game the set out to make. ......with hardcore aspects that that quite frankly haven't been seen on console at least for many years (if at all).

I will agree that creating a PvP mode pitting Western squads against each other in a OPFOR / BLUFOR training exercise of sorts would be cool for a couple of reasons..... 1) Each team would have access to the same weapons / equipment making matches evenly matched in that regard. 2) They could avoid the dilemma of players taking on the role of insurgents, etc.

I also think a PvP mode using the procedurally generated mechanic would be really cool given that the map layout should always change. ....never the same. The gameplay would have to strongly encourage communication, teamwork and small unit tactics though.

Objective based modes would probably best suit this type of game and allow it to stick closer to it's core than the typical "team death match", "capture the flag", etc.

Personally though, I'm glad their main focus is on the campaign but especially co-op which is really what my friends and I are most interested in. Hopefully the procedurally generated map, AI behavior, tactical gameplay ,etc. all live up to my expectations.
ClayTatum

Pretty much nailed it there…
I actually like the 3rd person. But the market is wide open for the void Ghost Recon foolishly left open. I really hope for the day we get a really good tactical PvP again, that focused on gameplay, tactics, and an interactive, changing set of maps. Even in this game if they just added like rescue the hostages vs another small squad that would be amazingly fun.
But I too agree I’m glad they’re focusing on what the game is meant to be about. I just hope post release they consider a quick addition of some PvP options like that. Could set the tone and really do a service to future entries in the field. So tired of shooters focused on micro transactions and cute gun paints and outfits instead of gameplay.
Kean_1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:43 am
defiled669 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:20 ami mean think about it. if either ghost recon wildlands, and break point just need 1 thing 1st person. that would bring those games back to life. i think wildlands has a 1st person mod played more than breakpoint
Breakpoint needed a lot more than just one thing. It flopped hard when it was released and it wasn't because it didn't include FPP (first person perspective).

I would also disagree that FPP is what the Ghost Recon franchise needs. In fact, I'd argue that is precisely at the heart of the problem with Ubisoft, GR and even the Tom Clancy IP. The decisions they've made to distance themselves from key features / characteristics of their franchises.

GR had come to be known as being a 3rd person, military, tactical shooter. Drifting away from the core formula that defines GR has left most fans frustrated and their latest GR iteration an expensive failure.

As for SDiF, I'm not against a PvP mode but I respect the team for sticking with their vision of creating the game the set out to make. ......with hardcore aspects that that quite frankly haven't been seen on console at least for many years (if at all).

I will agree that creating a PvP mode pitting Western squads against each other in a OPFOR / BLUFOR training exercise of sorts would be cool for a couple of reasons..... 1) Each team would have access to the same weapons / equipment making matches evenly matched in that regard. 2) They could avoid the dilemma of players taking on the role of insurgents, etc.

I also think a PvP mode using the procedurally generated mechanic would be really cool given that the map layout should always change. ....never the same. The gameplay would have to strongly encourage communication, teamwork and small unit tactics though.

Objective based modes would probably best suit this type of game and allow it to stick closer to it's core than the typical "team death match", "capture the flag", etc.

Personally though, I'm glad their main focus is on the campaign but especially co-op which is really what my friends and I are most interested in. Hopefully the procedurally generated map, AI behavior, tactical gameplay ,etc. all live up to my expectations.
defiled669

third person killed ghost recon. go back to how many people played it back when it was 1st person. and consider how many people were into gaming back then. and look at how many people playing it now that billions of people are playing games online. look at the recent cod games modern warfare and part 2. the copied everything about what was good about the first 2 ghost recons and made a franchise out of it. copied so bad had a character named ghost. ghost recon was one of the first modern fps games. it was better than socom because it was 1st person. and people at that time wanted to be immersed in a combat world because our country was in turmoil. but you know that was a lot of peoples opinion. when future soldier came out the community almost disappeared. and wildlands a third came back. mainly because the division was not what they advertised it to be. basically ghost recon in new york. then when everyone seen it was an rpg it dropped players faster than anything I ever seen. and I know there are some that say i love that game. but what had potential to compete with cod players quickly vanished. because people don't like the camera peeking they don't like making a build or farming as much as they like fighting. and if you want to be successful in this country you better have some great fighting and realism. call of duty is trash I admit it but you have a new one every year and all there other games give up to fast. and third person shooters got the least players compared to any fps community that is worth a damn. pvp and third person is for children that need corner peeks and head glitched that's why fortnite is so successful, its designed for kids. when you are targeting adults older teens fps and realism and graphics along with good gun play great sound and environmental destruction is nice. but having a map that consistently changes every time you play it. in a pvp games would be amazing and never ending perfect for truly talented players. this is my personal opinion mostly, a lot of facts about how 3rd person communities dwindled till the next junk third person game comes out. that being said. this game has a purpose and a real story to tell. pvp shouldn't be a focus but more like an add on or DLC. from what I'm seeing in the game trailers and clips on YouTube I'm loving this game, and can't wait to play this on console.
optimise

As someone who mainly played Insurgency since its mod days I would love a new close quarters PvP game that is atmospheric, grounded and set in the middle eastern conflict, especially with Insurgency 2 player numbers dwindling and Insurgency: Sandstorm abandoning the authentic setting among other things which made me love that franchise.
I definitely feel like this is a somewhat common sentiment in the community right now, many of my buddies I used to play with have moved to Squad since it is practically the only grounded pvp FPS game, but even Squad is quite far off from what we're looking for due to its large scale and mechanics. SDIF definitely looks like it has the potential to fill that niche and I'd love to see them try, especially considering it would likely take a lot less development hours than mastering the AI.

- optimise
Last edited by optimise on Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.