Specifc Marines in Game

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
BrianBarrows

Specifc Marines in Game

Hey there,

My name is Brian, I am a Vet of Iraq anf Afghanistan and want to thank you for bringing in the real people to answer the real questions about what happened downrange. My question is essentially this, and please bear with me:

My best friend died in Falluja on November 15, 2004. His name was Travis R. Desiato, he was the best man I ever knew and a Lance Corproal who was offered presidential honor guard but wanted to serve as an infantryman with his brothers. He lost his life in the operations depicted in this game. I guess what I am asking is whether or not I will be able to see him in this game, to walk beside him, and maybe actually say good-bye for the first time in my own way. I know the balance of these real world events can be difficult, as can be recreating someone digitally. There are so many layers to this, and without giving up information you don't want to...is there anything you might be able to tell me? I want to support this game, and what you are doing. I wanted to support it years ago, because this is one way we get to remember people. So please, if you can, let me know? I would be happy to send you pictures so you can get him right.

Respectfully,
Brian Barrows...formerly CPT Barrows
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Specifc Marines in Game

Cpt. Barrows,

We really want you to know how much we appreciate you sharing your personal story with us. We are humbled and deeply moved by your question. Honoring men like Lance Corporal Desiato is one of the reasons we’re making this game.

I’ve sent you a private message to discuss this in more detail.
RubyFox

Re: Specifc Marines in Game

It would actually be interesting to see the name of real life Marines being portrayed in this game, even if they're just NPC walking around the base.