Controller Control Types

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
BadKarma

Controller Control Types

Will there be various control schemes so we can switch which actions on the prefered buttons we would ideally want?

Personally, I hate pressing the L3/L stick to run, that will ruin the controller because of the stick drift, so I would prefer to have the run function on R1/RB shoulder button, I'm sure some people are sick of stick drift, slight accesibility options are welcome indeed.

But personally, my heart always sinks when a game has L3 for activating sprint. I know it adds a lot of wear and tear, especially bad if you're playing long bouts of CoD. Shortening the lifespan of the controller right there.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Re: Controller Control Types

We are featuring a variety of control schemes on gamepad. These are mostly aligned with schemes that are traditional to the genre, but we have made some unique tweaks. We'll be looking for feedback on this when we're ready.
Kean_1

I play a lot of games that require use of the L3 and R2 button but I never thought it was a leading cause of stick drift from the several PS4 controllers and the two DS units I have for my PS5.

I do like the options though. For running, I even like the idea of using a progressive stick that controls the character's speed depending on how far you push it. ....or a toggle vs. holding a button.

One of the worst games for mapping the sprint button has to be GTAV. You have to smash the X button repeatedly to continue sprinting. ...ugh.
BadKarma

Kean_1 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:47 am I play a lot of games that require use of the L3 and R2 button but I never thought it was a leading cause of stick drift from the several PS4 controllers and the two DS units I have for my PS5.

I do like the options though. For running, I even like the idea of using a progressive stick that controls the character's speed depending on how far you push it. ....or a toggle vs. holding a button.

One of the worst games for mapping the sprint button has to be GTAV. You have to smash the X button repeatedly to continue sprinting. ...ugh.
Sorry for bringing this topic back from the dead, I was just curious if you usually use the adaptive triggers or haptic feedback, I was planning to get a PS5, so I want to maximize the lifespan of the dualsense.
Kean_1

BadKarma wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:51 pm
Sorry for bringing this topic back from the dead, I was just curious if you usually use the adaptive triggers or haptic feedback, I was planning to get a PS5, so I want to maximize the lifespan of the dualsense.
Yes. They are implemented in most of the games I play including GT7 which I engage with several times a week. .....as well as CoD MW2 which I play with friends 2 times a week and so on. It's not something I worry about wearing out or breaking, personally.

I will say that stick drift has been more of a problem with the PS5 controllers than with the PS4 ones. .....IMO / IME. I've got 4 of them from my last count. The original just recently became unplayable with most games and it's replacement I bought about a year ago is showing aigns as well in some more sensitive games.

One controller was faulty from the get-go with a sticky touch pad. ....rare IME but ig get it can happen. The other controller I just bought on sale during Christmas as a backup.

.....so long story short, it seems likely you'll have a problem with stick drift before any issues with feedback, triggers, etc.

I will say that the new DS Edge they came out with seems more attractive to me given that you can replace the sticks as modules if they ever start to fail. I think they're $19 vs.having to buy a whole new DS for $70.
Kridath

I don't know if this was answered so, please someone let me know if it was and just got buried.

With this being a hardcore game, I would assume that there is no aim-assist? I would assume that there is no aim assist for the game due to the contents but, hey, seems like a lot of FPS that traditionally aren't aim assist or have it limited are starting to add it and buff it in the FPS genera.

Also, will SDiF PC version be compatible with controller? Just curious as I am a PC gamer and would love to know if the game is compatible with both so I can see how the game reacts with a controller vs a keyboard and mouse.
Unknown0351

Kridath wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:32 pm Also, will SDiF PC version be compatible with controller? Just curious as I am a PC gamer and would love to know if the game is compatible with both so I can see how the game reacts with a controller vs a keyboard and mouse.
Yes, they said it will have controller support.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Kridath wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:32 pm I don't know if this was answered so, please someone let me know if it was and just got buried.

With this being a hardcore game, I would assume that there is no aim-assist? I would assume that there is no aim assist for the game due to the contents but, hey, seems like a lot of FPS that traditionally aren't aim assist or have it limited are starting to add it and buff it in the FPS genera.

Also, will SDiF PC version be compatible with controller? Just curious as I am a PC gamer and would love to know if the game is compatible with both so I can see how the game reacts with a controller vs a keyboard and mouse.
Thanks Unknown for jumping in.

Yes, we're featuring gamepad support on PC. And, we currently have very subtle aim assist. We'll likely tweak this as players get their hands on gameplay.