SAW and M240G fire modes

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Enthusiast

SAW and M240G fire modes

I have yet to see a game have this as a feature and that is the ability to switch between your firing rate with both the M240G and SAW, the SAW in particular has a regular cyclic fire rate of 700 to 850 rounds per minute, the other being 950 to 1,550 rounds per minute while the M240G had a setting of 650 to 750 rounds per minute as well as mode which allows it to fire at 850 to 950 rounds per minute curious to see if this will be in the game as adjusting the fire rate to whatever situation it calls for could be useful.
DrFist

Re: SAW and M240G fire modes

I would say that the ability to do so is not within the knowledge set of most infantry. At least speaking from my own experience, I have never learned how to do that. Most rate of fire adjustments like that are more restricted to your sustained, rapid, and cyclic fires controls. Again, that is my experience; however, I'm also army, not a marine.
Enthusiast

After watching some videos I noticed that a lot of M249s would have a different fire rate every time sometimes slower sometimes faster and these videos typically feature marines in actual combat however unlike you I do not come from a military background so...take what I say with a grain of salt,this mainly started since these guys on YouTube were firing different generations of M249s and the gen 1 had a much faster cyclic rate than the paratrooper version.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

We don't currently feature alternate fire modes for the SAW. Designed for heavy suppressive fire, we anticipate players holding the trigger in most cases. There could be exceptions to this, though.
Enthusiast

Eh fine by me not something I was really hyped to be in the game anyways
Kean_1

Enthusiast wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:32 pm I have yet to see a game have this as a feature and that is the ability to switch between your firing rate with both the M240G and SAW, the SAW in particular has a regular cyclic fire rate of 700 to 850 rounds per minute, the other being 950 to 1,550 rounds per minute while the M240G had a setting of 650 to 750 rounds per minute as well as mode which allows it to fire at 850 to 950 rounds per minute curious to see if this will be in the game as adjusting the fire rate to whatever situation it calls for could be useful.
That's likely because it's not something that is a simple flip of the switch. As I recall, on the M240 it requires the removal of the barrel first to make an adjustment to the gas pressure setting. Also, it is my understanding that these changes were really more to help mitigate problems due to fouling in poor conditions.

The increase in fire rate is also an additional stress on the weapon that I would imagine they wouldn't want to subject it to unless conditions really call or it. In other words, it's not comparative to a fire selector switch where it gives the soldier the option to choose between single, burst and/or full auto.
Enthusiast

Your exactly right this is done to prevent fouling and because it's not a simple flip of the switch it's probably this isn't included in most games though I'm not upset about it no being included this time around.
Kean_1

Enthusiast wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:07 am Your exactly right this is done to prevent fouling and because it's not a simple flip of the switch it's probably this isn't included in most games though I'm not upset about it no being included this time around.
.....not just why it's not included in games but I'll wager it wasn't something done in the field very often either. ....likely an option reserved for situations that really called for it when such a thing was a concern.
Enthusiast

And because this was very rare its very unlikely they interviewed anyone who had to do it as well not that this was something you would do when clearing houses,this won't be the last time I mention the SAW in a thread as I plan talk about something I have had in the back of mind for awhile now, but besides that the next SITREP is just around the corner since we're pretty Damm close to late October and if it doesn't come then early November should be when it drops.