Weapon jams

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Enthusiast

Re: Weapon jams

I 100% agree this is probably the best way to go about since having it in easier difficulties sounds like it would it be really tedious to deal with.
BadKarma

AmperCamper wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:07 am Thanks for all the feedback on this! Since our last discussion on jams, we don’t plan to include weapons jams in our initial release. With that being said, this might be something that could make its way into some kind of hardcore mode down the road.
That is great to know Amper, nowadays when Im playing alone i feel great with easy modes, when i play online coop no problem going full difficulty since getting carried is a possibility. However for Six Days, I'd like to see some sort of higher difficulty mode as you've mentioned, since I feel the procedural architecture paired with things like different dialogue each time you play would make things interesting. :)

I feel like I'd actually have the patience to get through Six Days if it had supposedly harder difficulty than the standard play.
Kean_1

AmperCamper wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:07 am Thanks for all the feedback on this! Since our last discussion on jams, we don’t plan to include weapons jams in our initial release. With that being said, this might be something that could make its way into some kind of hardcore mode down the road.
From everything I have been hearing up to this point it sounded like SDiF gameplay was already going to be quite hardcore or milsim if you will.

I'm still not a fan of weapon jamming in these types of games but as someone who typically chooses hardcore modes, if you do consider adding that mechanic to that kind of mode, I hope it is as an option rather than a no-choice aspect of what makes the mode "hardcore".

It's not that I'm completely against weapon jams in games but I have yet to play one that I feel implements this kind of game mechanic in a way I felt it really helped support immersion. Instead, I found most just frustrating.
Mudroc0311

That's awesome to hear. When conducting a failure to fire drill we were taught to "tap, rack, bang". I can totally see us tapping the R3 button racking the L2 button and then bang using R2.

As for a double feed I can totally see us going into an animation where we need to press the L2 button to rack the slide to the rear, then press the Square( X button) to eject the magazine, then L2 to rack the slide several times until the round is ejected from the chamber. Afterwards Square(or X) to reinsert the magazine. And finally R3 to release the bolt and chamber a new round.

When racking the slide to the rear it would also be awesome to feel the tension on a Playstation 5 DualSense controller. I honestly cannot wait to see what's in store for us.
Enthusiast

Wow that sounds awesome,if there gonna go off of any ideas for weapons they should definitely take yours into consideration mudroc