Small design detail

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Enthusiast

Small design detail

So I've noticed that the ACOG shown in one of the SITREPs Seems to missing that iconic red line,now as the title might suggest this is small design detail,but in a lot of the photos I see photos and videos you see during the second battle of fallujah the ACOG appears to have that red line on top so just wondering if there were any plans to change although this will not impact my view on the game as it is only a small detail.
Mudroc0311

Re: Small design detail

I just looked at the Sitrep for the USMC weapons and in both photos depicting the M16A4 and the M16A4 with M203 attachment it shows the red fiber optic your asking about.

The red fiber optic becomes less pronounce as it gets closer to the objective lens. Because that's the nature of its build. Now, bare in mind that some men choose to cover portions of the fiber optic using duct tape or electrical tape to dim the red chevron targeting reticle.
Enthusiast

In all my time of playing fps I never realized it was just a red wire although I'm not exactly sure how covering the fiber optic with tape would help dim the reticle,mainly asked this since that's how I usually see it depicted in games.
Mudroc0311

Looking into the ocular lens of an ACOG a red chevron presents itself. This bright red chevron is produced by the red fiber optic positioned on the top of the ACOG. If you cover the red fiber optic with your hand you can then dim the red chevron that you see through the ocular lens. What some infantryman would do to achieve a dimmer chevron (near black) was to cover the fiber optic with any dark tape they could get ahold of in country.
Enthusiast

This might be a dumb question but why would soldiers dim the chevron as much as possible to nearly being black?
Mudroc0311

Not a dumb question. It comes down to personal preference really. Anecdotally some would say it was more difficult to line up your shots when you're outside on an always hot sunny day. Some would argue that the red chevron was just to bright for them.
Enthusiast

I actually did have that in mind when writing out that reply do you think we'll see this play a part on the actual game with it depending on whether conditions as well?whether it is optional or a just randomly assigned based on your loadout.Oh yeah and speaking of loadouts did you find the SITREP regarding USMC weapons to be accurate to your kit during iraq? or could it use a few adjustments.
Mudroc0311

I can't even begin to speculate what will or will not make it into the game. But, I hope that if they do decide to focus on minute details that they are reflected properly.

As for my issued gear I carried a M16A4 with a VLI, PEQ2, and an ACOG with a foward grip. I also had pressure pads positioned on both the pistol grip and the foward grip. The pistol grip's pressure pad turned on my VLI while the pressure pad on my foward grip turned on my PEQ-2.

I also carried the AT4.
Enthusiast

I hope they do thier best to try and incorporate even small details as they are trying to make this as true to the actual stories as possible there is a lot that is likely to be cut out hopefully nothing to major but I hope this game has a good launch and it continues to progress from there.
Mudroc0311

I have no doubt that the members of Highwire and Victura have the best intentions for this game. Watching interviews of Peter Tamte and the crew behind 6DiF showed me how they fully intend to tell the stories of heroism on full display.

I can't wait to see their progress and to learn what stories made it to their final product. I also hope that as the product becomes more popular, more stories that didn't make it to the final product will make it at a later time. The game may be called "Six Days in Fallujah" but some of us continued clearing well into mid December suffering casualties after the initial first Six days.