Small design detail

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
Enthusiast

Re: Small design detail

I've been waiting for a game based around the brutal urban conflict that took place during the second battle of fallujah,I hope this delivers on that and I hope it does a good job of adapting the stories of your fellow marines.
Mudroc0311

If you're really enthusiastic about Operation Phantom Fury and Operation Vigilant Resolve. There is a Fallujah table top game called "Force on Force" by Ambush Alley. Within the Fallujah scenario you can either play as the Marines or the Insurgents in a table top manner. Think of it as DND meets modern combat within the setting of Fallujah.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Mudroc0311 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:00 pm I just looked at the Sitrep for the USMC weapons and in both photos depicting the M16A4 and the M16A4 with M203 attachment it shows the red fiber optic your asking about.

The red fiber optic becomes less pronounce as it gets closer to the objective lens. Because that's the nature of its build. Now, bare in mind that some men choose to cover portions of the fiber optic using duct tape or electrical tape to dim the red chevron targeting reticle.
This is correct. Currently, we have a blur effect at play when ADS'ing that makes the red fiber optic less exaggerated (as shown in our audio SITREP clips). Of course, we're certainly open to feedback on this.
Enthusiast wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:42 pm I hope they do thier best to try and incorporate even small details as they are trying to make this as true to the actual stories as possible there is a lot that is likely to be cut out hopefully nothing to major but I hope this game has a good launch and it continues to progress from there.
I've mentioned on these forums that we have more stories in our backlog than we're physically able to tell, but we're certainly going to try. What we've found, too, is that small details vary between the many, many accounts that we've heard. It's quite a balancing act, but we're very focused on authenticity.
Mudroc0311

Enthusiast wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:50 pm did you find the SITREP regarding USMC weapons to be accurate to your kit during iraq? or could it use a few adjustments.
Just to give you an idea on what my "kit" looked like.
Attachments
Me2.jpeg
Me2.jpeg (83.51 KiB) Viewed 1771 times
Me.jpeg
Me.jpeg (168.43 KiB) Viewed 1771 times
Enthusiast

I noticed the flashlight in the game is mounted on the side of the gun rather than the bottom is there any reason as to why it's placed different sometimes?
Mudroc0311

The VLI utilizes the Picatinny rail system. It's up to us as individuals where we want to place our gear. I put mine on the bottom because it felt balanced to me with the PEQ2 on top. Also, it worked well with the way I set up my pressure plates for both devices.
BadKarma

The gear in general depicted in the game seems to be accurate compared to the real one, but I'm not too familiar with what was worn during that era, only have general ideas.
Mudroc0311

Well, our battalion was rocking woodland Interceptor flak jackets while other battalion's were rocking it in Coyote. Besides that we all strapped the many Molle pouches to our flak jacket.

Also, very few people were wearing Deuce gear. The Marines that did wear Deuce gear were typically wearing after-market gear from Blackhawk!
Enthusiast

Wonder if we'll see a variety of these in the game then.
Mudroc0311

Would be an interesting concept. But, honestly the majority of us didn't go for after-market stuff. We had this culture where if you spotted anyone sporting clean aftermarket stuff we would call them a "gear queer." The 782 gear worked well. And, this was before our battalion had dump pouches (which is a game changer along with the issuing of an ACOG).

Before the dump pouch we would shove the spent mag either back in the corresponding
ammo pouch or in our cargo pockets.