Smart design decision I just noticed.

Discussions and chats related to Six Days in Fallujah.
BadKarma

Smart design decision I just noticed.

In the Audio Design SITREP, during the POVs, you can see that the flashlights mounted on both M9 and M16 weapon systems are pointing not towards the centre of the screen but downwards, (think of the Halo not technically in the center crosshairs) when not aiming down sights, my question to the devs, is this to avoid blinding teammates who just happen to be in your way? Because if it is, it's a very smart design decision, this is a problem that Ready or Not has, and unlike RON, I can see this being very useful.

A flashlight is a very important piece of gear when talking about CQB, (better than laser sights which will get you killed).

Remember that it should not be a hindrance, it should be a helpful piece of kit that helps you identify friend from foe and other environmental elements.

Thanks for reading.
Enthusiast

Re: Smart design decision I just noticed.

How exactly would the PEQ-2 get you killed? I'm kinda unfamiliar with early laser sights so I'm sort of curious as to why.
Mudroc0311

I only remember one time finding a Dragunov with night vision capable sight. Other then that the insurgents did not have night vision. That being said they would not be able to see the laser coming out of our PEQ-2s because the laser shines in IR along with the IR flood lights. Which I also use in conjunction with my 7bravos.
Enthusiast

Wonder if we'll see an insurgent sniper with a night vision scope during night operations then,but since you only found with Said scope it's pretty unlikely we will.

I wonder how much insurgent AI will change during night operations as they were at more massive disadvantage than the marines without any night vision which probably means they'll resort to hiding In closets or tight spaces more often although I'm assuming this was pretty frequent during the day as well.
AmperCamper
Community Manager

Yes, this is intentional: when not ADS'ing your weapon, the muzzle is lowered into more of a "low-ready" position. Of course, the flashlight moves with it. Things get even more interesting when you notice not all weapons have flashlights, and so you have to rely on secondaries or teammates to illuminate dark houses.
Enthusiast

Yeah I noticed in one of the SITREPs the player switches to his M9 instead of using his SAW to clear a house,while I do think it still would be optimal this is probably gonna go for a lot of other weapons not optimal for room clearing like the M240G M21 or M42 sniper system.
Mudroc0311

Doctrine says to never clear a room using an open-bolt weapon like the SAW as point. Although, I can tell you from experience that wasn't always followed through. We had to make due with what we had available. With the men we still had available.
Enthusiast

Dosen't exactly help that the SAW has a lot of problems on its part in genral while I still do feel like it's a good weapon I hear a lot of mixed reviews when it comes to the SAW problems I wonder we'll see in the game along with other weapons malfunctions.